Hello, this is my first post as a hopefully long time member of these forums, so please be gentle.

Basically, I'm a kung fu newbie. I took some TKD as a kid, but haven't touched any sort of martial arts in over 10 years.

Very recently I've been trying to get into kung fu in a big way (my kids plan on signing up with me too), but since I live in Denver (Colorado) I was unable to find any decent schools. While looking for JKD or Wing Chun schools I happened upon Wah Lum which is just a short drive from where I live, and also the only kung fu school I could find that is a reasonable distance away.

I've been trying to research Wah Lum online for the last few days but none of the sites I find are of much use. I've also searched these (and other) forums and haven't found much information regarding what kind of school I can expect Wah Lum to be. Does anybody know any information about any of the instructors, or the overall quality of the school?

I've read there is probably a contract, and the Wah Lum schools are a bit on the pricey side, but none of that is really a concern of mine. I'm trying to get into kung fu as more of a fitness vehicle than a self defense one, so I was also curious whether or not Wah Lum is the correct MA to get me to where I want to go.

Is anybody able to give me some possible personal experiences, or better yet, pros and cons regarding Wah Lum as an art and how useful it would be for my end fitness goal?

I know it seems kind of silly, but I'm unable to find many videos of Wah Lum in action (mainly on youtube), but I was curious as to how similar it is to Wushu regarding high intensity aerial kicks, flips, splits, all of that stuff.

I've heard the workouts are tough, so I'm also wondering what they could comprise of (or really, what does a normal class at any comparable style of kung fu school generally consist of?)

As I mentioned earlier, my 8 year old son, and 13 year old daughter are planning on signing up with me, and since they're very nervous about being in a MA class I was going to take the parent/kids classes with them. I'd really love to know if anybody has taken these kind of classes, and how could I expect them to be structured? I'm sort of afraid the classes with my kids may be a lot less 'aggressive' or more watered down than some of the adult only classes.

I've already signed up for some of the free trials, and am really excited abut getting started, I just want to make sure my money is going to be well spent. Any relevant information is greatly appreciated.

Also, in the case that Wah Lum doesn't work out for us after the trial (I'm hoping it does, though) does anybody else know of some recent schools in the Denver/Littleton/Englewood areas? This forum was my primary source of information when I was trying to locate or cross check schools, but some of the other threads name schools that don't exist or that I can't find anymore.

Thanks again, and sorry that my first post droned on for so long!