i hated this movie. the story was retarded, a triad and yakuza gang going to war over over some f ucking gold horses are you kidding me. the story was to outlandish for me to accept, the plot twiat at the end was beyond rediculous the ened period sucked, while i did appreciate the many nods to gangster and kung fu films. and that samurai sword fight was pretty cool actually it was the best fight in the film. in the end this film was just horrible, it still hasn't made back its 20m budget which says alot in a summer where mnost of the films grossed over 100m. makeing this the highest grossing summer of all time. if the films script would've been tweeked a little better i'm sure this film would've been a classic as it does come close. also it needed better casting, i'm so glad that the triad boss's wife had very few lines cause if i had to hear her bad acting through out the movie i would've cracked her over the head with a break. same goes for devon aoki, her acting was just as horrible for a character that actually was pretty cool, but reminded me of zhnag ziyi in rush hour two.all and all wait for the dvd of this crap