Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
your a moron who really doesn't know alot about waht going on in the world today. first offf american gangster is not about a black mafia it is nothing like the godfather either(ho do i know this well i worked on the set) its a true story about a drug dealer named frank lucas. oh and the "Black mafia" or what FBI calls the black mafia is real and very hard to crack, the feds have been trying to do it since th 60's when it came into being. but the idea of a black mafia goes back to l capone but thats another story and this a thread abouta film that may not evn be. i remember when kill bill was first anounce everyone on this board was bad mouthing it and saying how horrible it was going to be then it came out and all of u were sucking tarrintino's ****. and so what if the film is staring a black kid, let it its just a movie. willow sword i see what you were saying and i'm with you on that, but think about it we would all like more ma films made but if there is no demand for them then hollywood is not gonna waste money on it so just be happy that a top earner like will smith once to attach his name to it weather he should direct or not is an entirely defferent story. all i'm saing this is not imdb this a M.A. media forum lets act like we have some sence and as for mr. racist up ther talking abouta nine year old kid being on crack. grow up man
if you ask anyone who lived in new york around the time of the black mafia and the peurto rican are the ones that chased the italian mafia out of nyc. so that movie is quite true and believable. the italians went to vegas, now there are only remnents of italian mafia in nyc, but they are mostly in rhode island and parts of mass.