I do think that Terence and Dale have legitimate points in their criticisms of much of "traditional" WCK training. I also think that sometimes they take their arguments too far, but I believe this is because that is often the only way to get people's attention and make the points sink in.

So rather than take a negative tack about how bad things are in Wing Chun, let's take a positive tack and talk about how to make WCK more "functional."

How do we make WCK more "functional" and more "realistic" without starting from scratch and "throwing out the baby with the bathwater"? How do we keep our WCK from becoming something else and straying from its roots?

I think there is lots of room for productive discussion here. Let's keep it positive and civil. This whole thread is about how WCK should evolve in our modern times. If you are a purist and don't think that WCK needs to change, that's fine. I respect your perspective. But if so, then please refrain from posting here and turning the whole thing into an argument and taking it off on various tangents.

So there it is guys. Terence? Dale? Victor? Ernie? How do we evolve and "functionalize" WCK in a positive way while still keeping it recognizably WCK?