As you all already know, I'm learning via correspondence with GM Doc Fai Wong. We've come a long way since the 80's, where one would have to order the tapes via snail mail, wait 6-8 weeks, learn the forms, and then have to fly to wherever, possibly to learn that you've been doing everything wrong.
Where we are now, I can either e-mail the school directly for the vids or order them online. I can speak to the GM after training, send him videos over the internet of what I did, and he can critique me, sometimes on the same day, but never more than a few days. (He's wandering about China right now) He even lets me know what he can't see, so I can adjust the camera in later shoots.

With that said, where can we go from here? I have a few ideas floating about.

*A distance learning forum/chat room, where distance learners can have peer discussions, possibly saving the GM time by not having to deal with "Is my say ping ma too high?" questions. It's also a good place to let us know we aren't alone, and we can measure our progress against others who are learning the same way.

*Utilize virtual teleconferencing for events such as grading, etc. This would essentially put the GM in the same room as you, and let him see everything you are doing in a nonrehearsed, nonrecorded manner. For instance, you can't mess up on the ng lun choi five or six times before getting it right for presentation. It's all or nothing.

*Online repositories. Videos of forms, techniques, etc for paying members. I wouldn't charge the same as being in the school, but this could be a wealth of information and training aids if done right. I think Master Chen Yong Fa has something similar. No idea what the Buk Sing do for this, the secretive buggers!

*And call me a nerd, but IT guys love a quote of the day. Just put it on the website. Anywhere.