http://youtube.com/watch?v=jB3sfXnZyyA

Now I love the actual form of Wing Chun/Ving Tsun I think the power generation is sweet.

Realistically though, if you compare it to Muay Thai we haven't seen any Wing Chun champs...the style is too short, tight and subtle for the devasting onslaught of the thais Smashing Elephant elbows. IMO, for WC/VT to win in a cage match you'd have to know how to fight in that venue and then you could pull out your subtle skills. I feel if a MT fighter studied WC/VT it would be very effective against someone else who just studied MT. Two champs both retire, one studies WC/VT and the other keeps on with the thai training...when they become old men this is where the chunners skills will come out...he knows all the tricks of the thai boxer so he uses his subtle lady like Gung Fu.

That's what the legends tell us about the system, the monks refined their technique into something very effective

you gotta know how to fight before you can fight with gung fu which is subtle

thai's have big shoulders and thighs and bouncy feet...smashing blows

wing chun/ving tsun hardly moves the shoulders which does nothing for power when wrestling...muay thai choy li fut hop ga really whip their shoulders giving them the dragon back which is the main stance for clinching...WC/VT doesn't do this imo because it is advanced Gung Fu...you gotta be very skilled and very intelligent to use it against champions. It's elite Gung Fu in theory!.