Unless I'm missing something...

Where is it being said that the Chan Family is telling everyone that they are better? I haven't read any of that at all....

And until the last 75 years ago or so, almost no style had fixed sets; people learned them and transmitted them to others - sometime they added moves, sometimes they subtracted moves.

Only recently, as people became more literate (we all know that going back a 100 years or even less, many chinese couldn't write) and took the time to record their forms through books and other media, did forms get passed down in their unaltered shape.

Hung Ga as we know it today, got created in the early 1900's by WFH, and more additions through LSW in the 20's/30's. Wing Chun was passed on by YM's students, but it seems like he created the sets, no one else does that WC unless they came through him. These styles are now passed on in their 'new' original form.

CLF has always seemed to change, along with almost every other type of KF. And I think that's cool. I also think it's cool to see exactly what CLF people were doing 170 years ago. Is it better, than a more modern version? Actually, I wouldn't think so, but I do enjoy doing some of them older forms.

There is nothing wrong with being different; but CLF schools should stop arguing about what or who is better.

Peace

Am I correct in saying that Lau Bun came from the Hung Sing school in Fut San? If that is so, isn't it true that their forms are different from the forms that Lau Bun taught? See, it doesn't matter if the forms are the same, it doesn't matter if they are different. There are right ways and wrong ways to do techniques. And I'm not talking about individual differences. As long as everyone is doing them right, we are all them same.