Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Threaded View

Well i disagree SimonM

Having an AR in your home i think is warranted, just in case the sh!t really hits the fan and you need to utilize something effective. As for general home defense, a pump action shotgun is just fine. IF this country ever had to defend itself from an invader it would behoove us to have something like an AR. The Point is being responsable and not obsessing over it. Keeping a weapon like an AR under tight lock and key and only utilizing it if you are in dire emergency.(of course there is practice at your local firing range).

I dont think that Obama/Biden is going to relinquish the 2nd amendment and take all our Arms away. This will never happen, it just wont. But regulating things can be a good idea especially if you have some nutjob who has a criminal history and an overstated sense of paranoia. and yes yes yes people are going to get guns no matter what. but we DO have to have some sort of regulations. People need to be made accountable under the eyes of the law the consequences of their actions and certain gun regulations make for that to happen. Because some dumb hick who has priors for domestic abuse or DUI gets all p!ssed because he cant own an AR 14 or some other weapon and makes the excuse that his "constitutional rights" are in violation. hey man its the price you pay for being a low life. so if you own a weapon illegally and you get caught then you have to answer for it.

Peace,TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 08-26-2008 at 12:52 PM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.