I haven't made any new posts on my last blog on here and since my training all around hasn't been what it should be, plus work has been so time consuming...I'm now back in school and returning to my usual training frequency. I'm hoping to learn from some mistakes from my last blog and overall quality of life to improve both that and my training.

Things to change:

Previously I was doing too many two a days, and that is fine in competition season but otherwise, too draining to be doing constantly.
Therefore I'm going to be doing six days a week with two of those days having a BJJ session in the morning and then a strength and conditioning session in the evening.
The split will be:
Mon: BJJ + Strength and Conditioning
Tues:San Da
Wed: BJJ
Thurs: San Da Sparring/Wrestling
Fri: BJJ/Extra Pad session + Strength and Conditioning
Sat: San Da

I'm going to split my strength and conditioning work with a quick warmup of Turkish getups and windmills, then a strength component, and then finish with a few intense cardio circuits mixing kettlebells, sandbags, and bodyweight stuff.

Two of the three days I train BJJ are no-gi so I will most likely be aiming at competing in no-gi this coming October but I might do gi as well depending on how things go.

Things that are good:
The past month my BJJ training has been sporadic at best but my San Da has been very consistent and I'm getting more and more comfortable and improving all areas of the game. I've actually drastically increased my striking conditioning and now do 3 5min rounds of Thai pads after a long class of drilling and conditioning.

Goals:
Although I have things I am working for in regards to strength and conditioning I've decided that my way of measuring has always been just to get better at fighting so numbers and time amounts don't really appeal to me at this point.
That said, I'd like to press the 55pd kettlebell for 3 reps a side as this still eludes me!
For San Da it is just to get my clinch game and throwing off of striking up to par.

Competition goals: I'm going to do a submission wrestling tourney. May do MMA around New Years, and then fight San Da sometime in the new year in Vancouver.