A style is as much about the practitioner as it is the actual person. Personal interpretation is the really the soul of the art. I read alot of threads about Shuai-chiao (SC) and it seems that my vision is very different from others. Mind you that my interest in SC stems from years of working as a Bouncer and poice officer.
SC is a brutal and savage system that slams your opponent into unforgiving objects (walls, floors, trees ect,) often breaking arms and legs on the way down. It is the perfect stand up style and has an extensive anti-ground fighting component. It is not a style that should be used if you are worried about not hurting your opponent or worried about getting sued.
To engage a SC man is like trying to hold on to a flesh ripping, joint breaking tornado. If you watch a SC competition it would be easy to mistake it for a type of judo, but this would be a serious misnomer. Though I won my weight class at the SC nationals, I really didn't feel that I demonstated the true art. Not the art that I see. Real SC can only be expressed in reality fighting. San Shou has some elements to this but even that is vastly watered down. The style that I call Shuai-chiao is very powerful. That is why I train it.