I read some pages back, this, written by Iron Fist...
---
You cannot work part of a muscle. There is no difference between UPPER abs and LOWER abs. The abdominals are ONE muscle, with 6 heads (which are what you are seeing when you see someone's six pack). If the abs contract, the WHOLE THING contracts, not part of it. Same thing with pecs... incline bench does not work the upper pecs, decline bench does not work the lower pecs. The pectoralis major (pecs) is one muscle. Either it's contracting or it's not. The upper part cannot contract while the lower part relaxes, or vise versa. Same for all muscles, you can't contract just your lower quads or upper biceps, etc.
If anyone who challenges the above information can send me pictures of them doing the following (and thus proving me wrong), I will retract all my statements. Additionally, they will have successfully proved all anatomy textbooks wrong:
1) Flex ONLY your upper pecs
2) Flexing ONLY lower pecs
3) Flexing only the upper portion of your biceps
4) Flexing only the lower quads
People think that such and such exercise works the upper abs, or the lower abs, but they're wrong
Hope that clears stuff up. Incline bench works the pecs from a different angle than flat or decline bench, but still the ENTIRE muscle is firing when you do it.
It's a common mistake to think otherwise, so don't be discouraged or anything There are still many pro bodybuilders who think incline bench works their upper chest.
15 flat (traditional)- working your center chest
---

And it was very interesting to read, as I always thought you
could work a certain part of the abs. (i'm knew about other muscles, like the bicep. A bicep is a bicep, you can't work a part of it - just not the abs)

So if you're correct (i'm sure you are) that means all those excersisers that you read in some magazines, and people tell you, that show you how to work you bottom two ab heads, are wrong. Is this correct??? As the abs are one muscle, when you do a certain excersise, you are working ALL of it right? Then why is the bottom two always hardest to see? Is that just because that's where the fat mostly builds up? OR is there another reason.

Thanx