I started 12/5/08, and finished first form on or about March 20th. For the past three weeks I've been learning 2 part defense two-man form. This week I began doing the form against other students. I can't get enough of it. Tonight, I must have went through it 50 times, until my forearms were hurting so bad that I had to stop all together and retire to lion dance and the gong.

I'm sure that all you experienced brothers can remember. Learning first form, it impresses you like a series of movements, and that's all. But the two-man form shows that these movements you know in your sleep are strikes and blocks. So when I first started the two-man, I was doing just the movements. But now, I'm thinking, strike that chest, block that temple punch. It's so cool, it's addictive, subject to the expected bruising that I actually had to ice tonight.

Very cool. In Kung Fu, we don't get the immediacy of belts, like in other arts, but there is definitely cool stuff on the horizon for those that can endure learning first form (which was hell).

So, this is just my comment, for whatever it's worth.