Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
And I don't care what the views are of someone who, for all I know - since he makes sure no one ever gets to see him in action - could have very little skill of his own.
You still don't get it, and that's because you don't want to. It doesn't matter what I can do since I am not your teacher. I am not telling you or anyone how they should do WCK. Quite the opposite, I'm telling them that no one including me and including theirr grandmaster can tell them. I am telling them what they need to do to find out for themselves and what they need to do to develop skill in a fighting art -- which is to say, they need to do what all the proven, competent fighters have done. There's no secret to that. It's only a secret to people who hide their heads in the sand.

It doesn't matter how good a grappler I am. Whether I am great or competent or a scrub doesn't change the fact that if someone wants to be a good grappler, they need to do what all good, proven grapplers have done (which is why they developed skill). It doesn't change the fact that skill in grappling comes only from quality sparring -- LOTS (hundreds of hours) of regular sparring against competent fightters. It's the quality of the people you train/spar with that matters. ONLY the people who do that work with good fighters will get good. That isn't my mere opinion, it is fact born out by all the evidence. All good grapplers will have done that work. Rolliing against your untrained students won't make you a competent grappler.

And it's the same for stand up and for clinch. It's the same for WCK.

You may not want to listen to me, but this is what any good, proven fight trainer will tell you. But it is a message you don't want to hear. And we all know why.