Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
Oh,

I'll add something. I am currently in China and will be for the forseeable future. My master Shi Yong Wen was a student of Degen Da shi (and of wu shan lin, and of su xi and many other famous masters).

He wrote the first book on Luohan quan published after the formation of PRC (back in the late 70's). Many of the versions in DengFeng were simply learned form his books. It is the version as done by Degen Da shi. I cant speak for the version by shi guo lin but it is definatly much better than the version at Tagou (which i also know).

Anyway I am translating this book at the moment. It is rather short but contains the full luohan quan, and my master has the copyright and original retro photos. Anyway, does anyone know if there is a market for short books on forms? Does anyone know if a magazine like KungFu magazine would publish it in their magazine? Or would it be better to combine it into a larger compilation of all his books? I wish to help him publish his books for the west.

By the thanks everyone for your info on this thread... I WILL find this man and I WILL learn this version of luohan quan!
Can you give the Chinese characters for Shi Yong Wen and for the title of his Luohan Quan book? I made have it. I have just about every book in Chinese on martial arts concerning Shaolin, except for a few that I am missing.