Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
It must be nice to make up facts as you go along.

Nationalizing banks rarely works. Look at Cuba, the USSR, Nazi Germany, and Fascist Italy for examples where it has failed, and failed badly.

The auto industry is stil 1/3 private. We have Ford left. The other 2 companies are, for all intents and purposes, government controlled. Heck, Obama chose the current CEO of GM! If that's not proof the Governemrnt runs GM, I don't know what is.

As for gas prices, you're completely ignorant on that one. As far as it being "wealth redistribution", it can be called that, but it's the Government getting the vast majority money, not the private sector. Take a look one day at what the taxes are on a gallon of gas (Federal, State, and local) and then compare that to the profit margin the oil companies make. The Government makes more profit on gasoline than the oil companies do. Mark my words.

As for bailouts, you can't entirely blame Bush on that one. Look at the bailout money spent on Obama's watch as opposed to Bush's. And keep in mind, Obama is less than 1 year into his term, while Bush did 8 full years! CNN just showed last week that our deficit is at a level not seen since 1945! And that was based on 2009 numbers, so you can't blame Bush for that one either.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry dude mis read your original write. I agree with every point you made.