Hi,

First I'd like to apologize for resurrecting this thread, but with the way old threads like this can pop up in search engines I felt the need to address some of the concerns expressed here.

"I'm skeptical of anyone who purports to teach Dim-Mak and 'one touch' KOs"
As you should be. We are more than happy to demonstrate any of the skills we claim in our advertising. We love questions and we encourage anyone who has them to stop by and ask. For more information on what exactly we mean by "1 touch KO's" go here: www.fastknockouts.com Sifu Clear has also written a few posts on different kinds of Dim Mak http://www.clearstaichi.com/chi-power/death-touch-655

“It always dings my phony radar when someone calls himself sigung.” “What styles? Under whom? Master level (Si-Gung) in internal Kung Fu? Again, where and with whom?” “He doesn't look old enough. Way too young to be calling himself Si Gung.”
Tyrone Jackson gave him the rank of Sifu on jul 1st 1989 and later certified him at the Sigung level on feb 20 1994. Tyrone Jackson was the senior indoor student of Dr. Fred Ang Ming Wu.
More recently Uncle Bill said this "My most senior practitioners who will always remain on my scroll are the following individuals: ... Sigung Richard Clear 20 years with me" for Uncle's complete list you can read this thread over on silat.tv http://www.silat.tv/group/kuntaosila...bills-thoughts

Because of the Tai Chi, he does look around 10 years younger than he actually is. (He's 45 right now)

"I'm always suspicious of claims to mastery of multiple schools." "Teaches way to many styles of kung fu"
Sifu Clear has been studying since 1976. He currently studies and teaches full time. He gets about 240 hrs of instruction each year at his level of skill. (figure the average blackbelt gets around 1.5 - 3 hrs per week for about 4-5 years. that's 156hrs per year.) He has studied from many different teachers many of whom are masters of several different arts. For a partial list and more about his background you can visit either www.clearsilat.com or www.clearstaichi.com.

"A guarantee of the ability to deliver a minimum of 3 hits per second sustained for a minimum of 10 seconds. (we are able to guarantee this because the # of hits usually delivered is closer to 6 hits per second.)"
Yes, you can learn (and be able to use) this in one of our 2-3 day executive programs or within the first 6 months of regular silat classes.

"Claims to teach 'drunken' which isn't a style its a subset of several different styles."
Yes, drunken is a subset or an "attitude" that can be applied to many different styles, and yes we do teach it. Not by itself but as a higher level component in some of our programs.

I think that covers most of the questions raised here although I know most of you are probably the "I'll believe it when I see it" type. So I encourage anyone in the area to stop by and visit. Anyone is welcome to try out a few classes free of charge and ask all the questions you can think of. For those of you who are not nearby, we are about 5 min. from the Knoxville Airport and 20 min. from the Smokey Mountains. We regularly hold workshops and bring in masters from around the world. (last year we got to work with Uncle for a weekend and Master Liu Ji Fa from shanghai for a full two weeks)
The Smokey Mountains are also a great place to take the family for vacation.

I'll try to keep on eye on this thread and answer any other questions, but for a faster response you can also send us an email or leave a comment on either of our websites.

Train hard and stay safe,
Ben

p.s. for those of you who are wondering I've been a student of Sifu Clear's for about 5 ½ years now.