Hello Everyone,

I am very interested in exceptionally rare shaolin forms. I thought this might be a useful thread where we can exchange info on ones we are looking for.

There are two i want to find out about.

THe First one is Shaolin Tian Gang Quan:

Tian Gang (天罡) roughly translated is an archaic term for 'constellation'

The most famous tian gang quan is that of wudang mountain. But china has many others, including one interesting style where the form is done in one place, rather like a wing chun form.

However the one I am interested in is Shaolin Tian Gang Quan. Does any one have ANY information about this style, where it is practiced, who knows it.... Any names of people or places would be a great help.... Does anyone out there know it?

I beleive it appears in the old shaolin encyclopedia, around page 713 to my recollection (i don't have access to the books, and haven't seen them in a couple of years). Look in the contents for the characters 天罡. Look at the form. Does anyone recognise it?

It is a wonderful sequence that contains some unique moves.

THe second form i am interested in is Shaolin Shi tou Quan or 'stone fist'. I don't remember if this appears in the encyclopedia or not. It is a long form containing a lot of hook hands..... Again any info would be useful.

Thankyou.