Thread: What is your criteria for determining skill?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    You don't get it -- NONE of us are very good, including the "masters" and "grandmasters". Are any of you handling mid-level MMA fighters or solidly skilled MT fighters with your WCK? Of course not.

My point about training is to stop listening to people who can't fight particularly well tell us about training (which includes just about everyone in WCK) and to start listening to people who can and do fight very well about how to train. My views on training aren't based on my personal accomplishments (I'm not saying "follow me") but on the accomplishments of those that have developed solid fighting skills (listen to what the proven fighters, like MMA, MT, etc., say).
    Yes, I am capable for my age and weight class. So are others. I was really good before having some major injuries that prevent me from running. I have won kickboxing tournaments and worked with local MMA fighters. I never felt outclassed.

Honestly dude, you come off like someone who just found a bit of religion and wants to convert everyone. There is lots of bad WCK out there, but even a person who knows bad WCK has something to offer on some level. You offer something on some level as well, but you offer up the same points at inappropriate times, overstate your case, and miss out on important points that people are trying to make.

Make your points about training when germane to the discussion but contribute directly to the discussion rather than poo pooing everything as dry land swimming. You have a lot to learn along with everyone else so empty your cup a bit huh?
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 12-29-2009 at 12:10 PM.