Thread: How do you think the present state of this forum is viewed by newcomers to wing chun?

Threaded View

How do you think the present state of this forum is viewed by newcomers to wing chun?

Just as the thread states...there are new people coming to view this forum probably on a regular basis. People who are new to wing chun and want to find out more about it, or people who simply want to discuss ideas and theories with others outside of their school.

Given all the pee-pee measuring discussions that seem to have proliferated on this forum, how do you think that effects those "newcomers" who wish to learn about the art of wing chun?

It used to be many years ago (right at the turn of the century), I'd get on this forum to discuss various techniques, situations, theories, and etcetera...whereby the conversations would develop in an almost scientific fashion. There were quite a few higher skilled wing chun folks who would contribute, and those conversations not only were enlightening, they were helpful to everyone.

The best part was...the conversations stayed on topic or flowed naturally based on the ideas being presented. If someone disagreed, it was discussed in an intelligent manner to try and come to a conclusion of truth.

Soooo.......wtf happened?! We are the ones that will decide the future of this forum with the discussions we make, and right now, this forum is going down the crapper.
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 02-05-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."