Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MMA shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin73 View Post
    I was flipping through the ads this past Sunday and Target (think it was them anyways) was advertising Tapout t-shirts for sale there now.

I was at work one time (contracted in a school) and saw a kid wearing a Randy Couture Affliction shirt. To strike up some conversation while we waited, I asked him about the shirt and if he liked watching MMA. He gave me a blank look and had no idea what MMA was or who Couture was. It's just the cool thing to wear now.

I'm of the opinion that when people wear around their MA shirts (especially to bars) they are just asking for someone to pick a fight with them. Plus, it's going to be very hard to convince LEO's that you really didn't want to fight when you are wearing a fight t-shirt.
    Really, MMA shirts are no different than footbal jerseys. Do you walk up to every kid in a football jersey and ask him what position he plays?

Who cares? I'm not the douche in line at walmart wearing Tapout sneakers.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I get all my mma shirts from Uki.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I have a couple shirts that have tribal like patterns, but I wouldn't consider them "MMA" shirts. They aren't really all that different from the stuff I get in surf shops.

The only shirts I have that specifically indicate MMA (either in words or in imagery) are the ones from my gym and our fight team. Those usually only get worn to actual events or on the random occasion I'm trying to drum up a little business for our gym and I've got a stack or cards on-hand. But honest our MMA tee's are really probably cleaner than the surf shop stuff I have.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Really, MMA shirts are no different than footbal jerseys. Do you walk up to every kid in a football jersey and ask him what position he plays?

Who cares? I'm not the douche in line at walmart wearing Tapout sneakers.
    If I was talking with someone and they were wearing a football jersey and I asked him about the sport, I would expect him to know who the hell he was wearing and know the sport.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin73 View Post
    If I was talking with someone and they were wearing a football jersey and I asked him about the sport, I would expect him to know who the hell he was wearing and know the sport.
    but affliction is a clothing range, its a named brand that is very popular that happens to sell MMA clothes, people buy for the brand, where as people buy football shirts to support the clubs (the clubs sell the shirts and make money on them)

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    Chris Heintzman produces a "Kung Fu Fighter" shirt that's a copy of that shirt...keep meaning to order one
    you got a link to that?

I have one of those shirts, LSWCTN1

I got it from Chris himself, when he debuted it. Unfortunately I couldn't find a link to the shirt. Here's the Hop Gar website and you'll find contact info for Chris there.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    but affliction is a clothing range, its a named brand that is very popular that happens to sell MMA clothes, people buy for the brand, where as people buy football shirts to support the clubs (the clubs sell the shirts and make money on them)
    I can see that point, just dont' agree with it.

I feel the same way about people who wear military t-shirts that were never in the military. I'm not talking about the "support our troops" type shirts. I'm talking about shirts that imply you were in the military. Or any other clothing that is specific to a sport and people just wear it to look cool.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    don't mean to be negative but why is every MMA themed shirt these days a ripp off of affliction (and btw I think the affliction designs generally suck!)
    i agree they are a rip off of those clothes
    and yes they do suck fierce

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

maybe because affliction makes a ton of money and the other companies want to follow suit ?

So many fashion police...

So then if this is the logic:

Stay out the billabong/ripcurl/T&C/quiksilver stores if you can't surf.

No reebok unless you play in NFL

Put away your Nike shorts unless you can dunk

If you haven't climbed a mountain that Northface fleece was a waste of $150

Of all the things people could be complaining about, ya gonna hang on someone's shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    So many fashion police...

So then if this is the logic:

Stay out the billabong/ripcurl/T&C/quiksilver stores if you can't surf.

No reebok unless you play in NFL

Put away your Nike shorts unless you can dunk

If you haven't climbed a mountain that Northface fleece was a waste of $150

Of all the things people could be complaining about, ya gonna hang on someone's shirt?

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Of course there are some types of shirts that transcend sports

ya she does wear that well.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.