Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Muay Thai vs Bagua/ Nak vs Maoshan

yah a superman punch
    a lot of guys are infatuated with it
    i used to pull it off on quick, little guys all the time - one of the few ways i could catch them.
    now when people pull it on me i just get ticked. lol
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post

some of his mistakes were tragic - like reflexively dropping both his hands to "defend" against the low kicks - i mean, that's so beginner it's not even funny...
    hey ill have you know sir i routine slapped away the ultra devastating kicks of shaolin do practioners with my hands!!!!:d

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    What is the move done by the Muay Thai guy at 3:32 and also at 4:08? It looks like a punch but kicking the same side leg out behind you at the same time? Like a superman punch or something?
    yep a superman punch, when he started using that you could tell he was playing around and felt no threat at all

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexorcist View Post
    He was beat up by some guy using 52 blocks. I think he should stop trying to fight people with actual combat skills or at least stop video taping it.
    really; the thing to bear in mind is this - he's supposedly a top shelf sifu; if so, how does he reconcile that he functions like a total newb? I mean, it's one thing to get beaten by a guy who's better than u,there's no shame there at all, as long as you r fighting in a manner comparable to ur purported skill level; but to go out and show a total lack of clue, and to do it repeatedly, is just...weird!

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    hey ill have you know sir i routine slapped away the ultra devastating kicks of shaolin do practioners with my hands!!!!:d
    piffle! I stop SD kicks thousands of miles away with my qi-projection before they get anywhere near to me!

This is a training video he put up before the fight. It just looks totally unrealistic. All he is doing is slapping a tree and bumping it with his sides and stomach. He doesn't really seem to be putting too much force into it either. The thai boxer was probably running his ass off, hitting the bag, and sparring like crazy. It's obvious why Maoshan did not win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIq4jZAijvc

He seems to be white-washing his page of negative comments (via youtube's "uploader comment pre-approval"). I posted a comment about his loss and compared it to the one at the hands of the 52 blocks guy. I doubt my comments will ever see the light of day. Here is an example of him stepping around the hard questions:

williamwilson666 Did this fight go down? 5 days ago

Maoshan (uploader) @williamwilson666
    Yes 1 day ago
    Maoshan (uploader) @tpbisdivine
    Nothing odd. Something was on my eye. 1 day ago
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 04-18-2010 at 08:31 AM.

ok, so couple of things.

1) why does this guy call himself a sifu?

2) why does this guy think he can fight when he is consistently getting his ass handed to him?

3) I hope he learns that his training method is incorrect if he is going to attempt to actually fight.

Finally, what the heck does this got to do with Dale? lol
    This is about Maoshan and his repeated failures while attempting to use what he learned.

I am guessing they taught him wrong? As a joke?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I am guessing they taught him wrong? As a joke?
    Ha! Like Wimp Lo from Kung Pow.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrjradmonish View Post
    The only thing that can be said about this fight or any fight is there is a winner and a looser. The winner is the better fighter on that day.
    no, u can say quite a bit more, based on the past history and available videos;

Ha! Like Wimp Lo from Kung Pow.
    That's what I was thinking about when I saw the term Sifu.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Maoshan just sent me a nasty email reply toa comment I tried to post on his training video:

Why don't you step to me and see if my applications are for real? I never trained for sports.
    Real life is all I've ever done. Another youtube gangster. Your appropriately named, Ghost.
    Hiding behind your keyboard popping ****. Your saying my Ba Gua is not real? Step to me and find out. I've used it for 30yrs and don't bear a mark to say other wise. Step to me and know it won't be about competition at all. you want to see just what Ba Gua is? I'll show you. No Gloves, rules or ref or no cops in the vicinity.

Maoshan just sent me a nasty email reply toa comment I tried to post on his training video:
    someone call a waaaambulance;

are their any good bagua sparring vids

ive always been fascinated with the art

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

He couldn't throw a decent punch.
    Isn't Bagua a circle art?. So why he was using the centerline throwing weak snap kicks. Why he stand on one foot on a clinch, too?

Is Maoshan related to Black Taoist. I have a lot of respect for his Bagua.

so the superman punch isn't a very high percentage move?

what is 52 blocks style? is it that jailhouse style? i heard that was pretty effective, similar to peekaboo or crazy monkey or something... or any i thinking of something else?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    I've heard that he's a good Bagua practitioner but he doesn't seem to be able to apply it to fighting.
    Let's be realistic.

- A boxer will have powerful punches.
    - A MT guy will have powerful kicks.
    - A Judo guy will have powerful throws.

What will a Bagua guy have? May be the question should be asked as, "What moves do you expect to see a Bagua guy to use in fight?"

Some IMA guys may think that they can "yield", "follow", "sticky" their opponent to death. In order to end a fight, you will need powerful punch, powerful kick, powerful throw, or powerful lock no matter what style that you train.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-17-2010 at 06:22 PM.