Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Muay Thai vs Bagua/ Nak vs Maoshan

pay for some round trip plane tickets for me to australia or hawaii or something of that nature and you can just plain beat my ass, idc. just beat my ass after i take in the sites. thats a free vacation yo.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Hello? Anyone there? Tyson Durr?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

why post this as baqua vs muay thai

pa kua man is ****.thai man is ****.this fight is bs.
    phoenixdog

Quote Originally Posted by BGZ BadBoy View Post
    I had to chime in here. I don't personally like Ben Hill any more than anyone else does (I've got my reasons), but isn't it all too easy to sit behind a computer and rail him from the safety of your living room, instead of saying something to him personally? I thought his fight was disappointing to say the very least..he was ill-prepared and out classed, and it clearly showed. But instead of trying to come off like the bunch of armchair experts you're making yourselves out to be, why don't you step-up to Nakmeezy and see how long you stand? Better yet, why don't you step-up to Ben and put your money where your mouths are instead of just talking behind his back? Not gonna happen. I guarantee that if Ben were face to face with you, you'd have a whole different attitude. Again, I am anything but a Maoshan fan, but it's just beyond entertaining to sit and listen to a bunch of acne-ridden adolescents run-off at the mouth about someone when he's not even here to defend himself. The obvious act of cowards. Wow, I bet your parents are all SO proud..lol. Peace.
    I remember back during the Nick Thompson fiasco, when Ben was running his mouth then. I posted that if I lived there I'd step up, but I don't have the time or money to go half way across the country. Believe me, there were folks in NY state that were CLAMORING for Ben, so I woulda had to wait in line anyway. Besides that, BT's in my weight class, not Ben, so if I'ma travel cross country to prove something, it'll be against BT not Ben.

As others have said before, both guys come to this site, we've had conversations with both guys. Heck, years back, when I still lived on the east coast, I was in attendance at the Wong Fei Hung Tournament in NJ where BT was hosting his little bagua tournament. Actually there were a bunch of us there: Subitai, TenTigers, meltdawn, Ray Pina, ShaolinLueb, and others I'm forgetting.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by BGZ BadBoy View Post
    I had to chime in here. I don't personally like Ben Hill any more than anyone else does (I've got my reasons), but isn't it all too easy to sit behind a computer and rail him from the safety of your living room, instead of saying something to him personally? I thought his fight was disappointing to say the very least..he was ill-prepared and out classed, and it clearly showed. But instead of trying to come off like the bunch of armchair experts you're making yourselves out to be, why don't you step-up to Nakmeezy and see how long you stand? Better yet, why don't you step-up to Ben and put your money where your mouths are instead of just talking behind his back? Not gonna happen. I guarantee that if Ben were face to face with you, you'd have a whole different attitude. Again, I am anything but a Maoshan fan, but it's just beyond entertaining to sit and listen to a bunch of acne-ridden adolescents run-off at the mouth about someone when he's not even here to defend himself. The obvious act of cowards. Wow, I bet your parents are all SO proud..lol. Peace.
    Dude, stfu, *edit <ranting>rrrr</ranting>
    the end*
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 04-21-2010 at 08:55 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Let me get this straight..

Some guy vainly keeps posting videos of himself (getting owned) on YouTube....

When people publicly talk about his 'publicity machine' the word is, they are talking behind his back? i.e. being disrespectful.

And so, the solution is, to once again, lay out blanket challenges to touch hands and feel his wrath?

Which no doubt leads to more videos of him getting owned, more trash talk, more challenges at an ever increasing frequency...

They say the first rule when you're in a hole is to stop digging.

What does Black Taoist have to do with all this? He used to post here, he was good value. Are these his boys or what?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    if u fly me out as well, I can fix the looser...
    clever

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    who the hell woudl fly across country to spar or fight soemone

sheeesh if you do that you need a girlfriend BADLY LOL
    tgy will do it to fix you. it's part of the condolence prize where a guy feels you up after your fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    pay for some round trip plane tickets for me to australia or hawaii or something of that nature and you can just plain beat my ass, idc. just beat my ass after i take in the sites. thats a free vacation yo.
    bring health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrjradmonish View Post
    I wonder if the united states postal service has a standard shipping fee and a box big enough to hold a martial artist/fighter.
    They do, but you need a friend and a lot of tinfoil to block the back scatter x-ray, so, mark yourself as a statue and remain very still, like a ninja, until you know you're in the air.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    I remember back during the Nick Thompson fiasco, when Ben was running his mouth then. I posted that if I lived there I'd step up, but I don't have the time or money to go half way across the country. Believe me, there were folks in NY state that were CLAMORING for Ben, so I woulda had to wait in line anyway. Besides that, BT's in my weight class, not Ben, so if I'ma travel cross country to prove something, it'll be against BT not Ben.

As others have said before, both guys come to this site, we've had conversations with both guys. Heck, years back, when I still lived on the east coast, I was in attendance at the Wong Fei Hung Tournament in NJ where BT was hosting his little bagua tournament. Actually there were a bunch of us there: Subitai, TenTigers, meltdawn, Ray Pina, ShaolinLueb, and others I'm forgetting.
    yep and i remember back in the day when those two used to sound off about how most traditional guys can't fight and are dilusional.....and how they were different etc, you reap what you sow

All credit goes out to the guy for trying out his stuff against resisting opponents, that's more than a lot of other TMA's bring to the table. But he's got to see that this is a disconnect in his training. Usually when people spar/fight and get owned, they see the error in their ways and try to improve/fix what they are doing to be better prepared the next time. From the sound of his post-fight video, it doesn't look like he's done that and continues to think his Ba Gua is da street deadly, which is sad to see and unfortunatley is what happens a lot in kung fu circles.

It's simple guys, all the conditioning in the world, in all it's various forms, are tools to get a fighter into "shape", but they do NOT a fighter make, fighting does.
    You MUST fight when training for a fight, or at least have had some fighting experience leading up to it ( though sparring should still be included).
    If for NOTHING else, just to get used to getting hit by someone trying to hit you HARD.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

bring health insurance.
    ive got full coverage

are you saying you want to send me to australia and beat my azz in the bush?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

clever
    thank you

tgy will do it to fix you. it's part of the condolence prize where a guy feels you up after your fight.
    as Ross likes to say, I am legally licensed to rub people the wrong way...

bring health insurance.
    I don't take insurance...

remain very still, like a ninja, until you know you're in the air.
    then what?...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post

I don't take insurance...

crap.....do you take gene ching's autograph as payment?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    crap.....do you take gene ching's autograph as payment?
    Doesn't everybody?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

they **** well better!