Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the Bad Boy of KFM?

Quote Originally Posted by BGZ BadBoy View Post
    Scott..your so-called observations couldn't be further from the truth. You are clearly speaking from a novice's point of view when it comes to the Chinese internal martial arts, and more specifically, BaGuaZhang. The simple fact alone that you do not recognize the natural order and movement inherent in correct BaGuaZhang practice, as well as how the seemingly (at least in the eyes of an obvious novice) "unnatural" movements return us to our natural state (thus developing and releasing pure, natural, latent power), unquestionably demonstrates your complete and total lack of knowledge and understanding of the subject-matter at hand. My opinions are not solely based on what a handful of very accomplished martial artists have told me personally (namely Richard Wu, William Lee, and Erle Montaigue), but on my own experiential knowledge which obviously far exceeds that of your own at this point. It would seem that you have chosen to use this discussion as yet another pitiful attempt to discredit me, which, again, you have failed miserably at this point to do.
    Each time you open your mouth you further prove my initial observation that, at least as far as BaGuaZhang is concerned, your level of understanding quite obviously remains at what can only be described as a clearly rudimentary and elementary level. Keep practicing, my friend..lol.
    Every time you go off like this you sound like a frog croaking about in the bottom of a well.

Please stop always thinking you are right. It is a hindrance. Get in the habit of assuming you are wrong. It will help you ALOT.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    Every time you go off like this you sound like a frog croaking about in the bottom of a well.
    maybe he likes to hear the echo...
    Please stop always thinking you are right. It is a hindrance. Get in the habit of assuming you are wrong. It will help you ALOT.
    meh... let him alone... it's nice to see people makes a$$es out of themselves.

Why would I assume I am wrong about that which I know to be true? I am always open to the possibility of my being incorrect..it doesn't happen often though, I will tell you..lol. However, when it comes to the aforementioned subject, that possibility simply doesn't exist, so any assumptions to the contrary on my part would simply be unfounded and irrelevant at even absolute best. Considering this, please allow me to indulge you if I may..Croak croak croak croak croak croak..lol.
    Si-Fu Tyson Durr
    WuDang Zen Fight Club
    www.wudangzenfightclub.yolasite.com

Croak croak croak croak croak croak..
    once while walking the appalachian trail, i did a 23 mile day with no water - there was a drought in virginia that year and every spring from point A to point B of that particular day was bone dry except at the shelter when i finally made it there... once there, i went to the spring and this frog jumped in and made all the water dirty, so not wanting to drink muddy water i waited until it cleared - went back and the frog jumped in again... repeated this process 3 times until finally when that annoying little frog climbed out again i whacked him with my walking stick, cut off his legs, fried them up, and ate them with ramen noodles and instant mashed potatoes... oh and then i had a hearty drink from the clean spring because there was no more annoying little amphibian stirring up the mud.

Could we please stop reposting the engagement photos of shamu and his mate?

thanks.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    which is easier to hold on to

your sword/weapon

or your wimmen

maybe neither

STOP BUMPING THAT!!!!!!!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    cool pic, SPJ, got a link?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

y'know, you guys are so into jumping on BGZBB that when he does say something that is spot on, you don't recognize it.
    I guess you can say,"serves ya right for fronting in the beginning.."
    however, I think we are all grown-ups here and should be able to recognize when something said, whether we like the source or not, is still valid.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

TenTigers..Xiexie ni wo de hao xiansheng.
    Si-Fu Tyson Durr
    WuDang Zen Fight Club
    www.wudangzenfightclub.yolasite.com

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    Again I would have to point out.. it's been a LONG time since I was doing this primarily to prevail in fights.

I don't want to be the "chest-beater" that Tyson is.. but seriously.. to get really threatened I would have to go *looking* for someone (like a sport fighter or a senior martial artist from another style) or else seek out a violent street altercation.

When people talk about the "usefulness" of circle walking for fighting I usually ask them..
    "Did you stop sleeping with your wife after you no longer wanted more children?"

If you didn't.. why.. what was the point?

Anyone with any emotional intelligence would look at that question like it was inane... and rightly so.

There is way more involved in circle walking that just being a spiralling circling combat nightmare.
    Walking a circle is fine if a person wants to use their time doing so, however it is not "directly" applicable to fighting, it is NOT a NATURAL movement and any benefits it provides can be acquired much more easily and quickly by using more direct methods.

For example, the "twisting of the torso as used in a foot sweep", practicing foot sweeps directly as a kata and with a partner is much more effective and practical, albeit less pretty and mysterious! Although ashi-waza has rather limited uses and the nage risks going to the floor with the opponent. This is fine for people who enjoy grappling, but not for others. Such twisting of the torso IS unnatural and unsafe.

Do you want to fight or look pretty! If you want to look pretty and have fun, I have no problem with that, but that does not make Bagua movements practical or natural movements as Tyson declares.

Scott..your so-called observations couldn't be further from the truth. You are clearly speaking from a novice's point of view when it comes to the Chinese internal martial arts, and more specifically, BaGuaZhang. The simple fact alone that you do not recognize the natural order and movement inherent in correct BaGuaZhang practice, as well as how the seemingly (at least in the eyes of an obvious novice) "unnatural" movements return us to our natural state (thus developing and releasing pure, natural, latent power), unquestionably demonstrates your complete and total lack of knowledge and understanding of the subject-matter at hand. My opinions are not solely based on what a handful of very accomplished martial artists have told me personally (namely Richard Wu, William Lee, and Erle Montaigue), but on my own experiential knowledge which obviously far exceeds that of your own at this point. It would seem that you have chosen to use this discussion as yet another pitiful attempt to discredit me, which, again, you have failed miserably at this point to do.
    Each time you open your mouth you further prove my initial observation that, at least as far as BaGuaZhang is concerned, your level of understanding quite obviously remains at what can only be described as a clearly rudimentary and elementary level. Keep practicing, my friend..lol.

Very nice Tyson, you can insult, but not reason! You certainly have mastered childishness, but not much else!

Anyone can insult, even I am pretty good at it…..but insulting does NOT defend your opinion! If you are going to insult at least attempt to defend your opinion with “something”! We know you can insult, but you cannot explain yourself! Where is all this wisdom and insight you pretend to have?

You made a statement that Bagua practices NATURAL movements, yet have not presented ONE instance of it. Saying it is so, and hearing it from your favorite instructors does not make it so.

You will notice that I not only made my original statement that Bagua and other internal arts DO NOT practice as natural a movements as they pretend, I also “explained” myself in some detail! When I was pressed/asked to support my view, I explained what I meant using examples of how and why by using comparison.

Give reason a try and you won’t just present yourself as a 2 year old, but as an adult who thinks before he speaks.

TenTigers..Xiexie ni wo de hao xiansheng.
    Sahp fu sifu msihk gok yiu, keuih sihk guandung wah!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Which translates as:

"The fly in your antelope soup makes the elephant puke!"

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Hai waw...danhai ngoh-ge to-dai sik gong potuong-wah!
    Ngoh da deen-wah bei coi.

(forgot to add,"bei.")
    Last edited by TenTigers; 04-26-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.