Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Weng Chun fighter Allan Neuherr won MMA fight

The problem with forums is that the high and mighty Dale and Terence -- both old and decrepit
    Steady on there, bucko. I'm pretty sure I'm older than both of them. Phil Redmond certainly is.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    Seriously?? You really think you know it all don't you?
    if he yells it on here a certain number of times maybe it will come true!!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Steady on there, bucko. I'm pretty sure I'm older than both of them. Phil Redmond certainly is.
    Naw...that's just a jibe (as Terence would put it) at the "old bitter man" syndrome they seem to have with things. If you don't have their same views, then you're wrong. They're ****ed because they feel like other people didn't do the work they did at attaining their skills and as such no one else has the knowledge or experience to disagree with them.

Now I agree with most things but not with all.

Which is...wrong.
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 04-23-2010 at 07:16 PM.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    They're ****ed because they feel like other people didn't do the work they did at attaining their skills and as such no one else has the knowledge or experience to disagree with them.

which is amusing considering how presumptious and stupid it is to think like that

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    MMA is ONE ASPECT of fighting. There are other aspects of real fighting such as weapons, multiple opponents, types of environment. Each of these requires differing techniques, as well as strategies.
    MMA is nothing more than a ruleset to compete under.

Idiots like you never seem to grasp that.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu