Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sydney Guangzhou Pak Mei Training Video

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    Lai See,

Sifu gave me permission to teach.

I taught in the past.

The test is not a joke... Other than the breaking arm bit, re-setting the arm, and doing chi gung to the arm. But, the internal test that I have to do will cover chi gung, dit da, and healing.
    Permission to teach precisely what, and what precisely did you thus teach are the questions I would like you to answer specifically please?

Lai See,

I am not going to list everything because you know the names of the forms.

Sifu gave me permission to teach the external Yau Kung Mun and Bak Mei.

I don't have permission to teach any of the internal Yau Kung Mun Sup Baat Seurng Toy Jeurng or the internal Bak Mei.

I doubt that anyone will ever teach out the Yau Kung Mun internal forms. They are complicated and require a lot of pain and patience to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    Lai See,

I am not going to list everything because you know the names of the forms.

Sifu gave me permission to teach the external Yau Kung Mun and Bak Mei.

I don't have permission to teach any of the internal Yau Kung Mun Sup Baat Seurng Toy Jeurng or the internal Bak Mei.

I doubt that anyone will ever teach out the Yau Kung Mun internal forms. They are complicated and require a lot of pain and patience to develop.
    What I am trying to understand here you see, is if your Pak Mei is 'within' your system of Yau Kung Mun, or if it is a separate entity.
    Because you make a distinction between an 'external' and an 'internal' Pak Mei, whereas everyone else here does not (apart from Jorge who is also a Yau Kung Mun man). This leads me to believe rightly or wrongly that 'your' Pak Mei is not the same as 'our' Pak Mei.
    I can also deduct from this, again right or wrong, that what makes 'yours' different IS Yau Kung Mun, its influence and/or its differences. Would I be right in saying this?
    For my part I cannot understand how Pak Mei can be a 'part' within another system. This in turn again shows (me) how much that we must differ in our understanding of it.
    Which would explain why we cannot seem to agree on the appearingly simplest of things within each others 'Pak Mei'.

Your last sentence "They are complicated and require a lot of pain and patience to develop" perfectly describes the sets of Pak Mei to me!

Lai See,

Aside from Weapons and Two Man Forms...Yau Kung Mun has 15 'external' forms. Inside those 15 are all of the Bak Mei hand forms that CLC taught back in his Guangdong days, plus some forms that Ha Hon Hung added. Those do not include the 3 internal Yau Kung Mun Sup Baat Seurng Toy Jeurng forms.

The external Bak Mei forms that Ha Hon Hung learned from CLC are 'within' Yau Kung Mun or whatever, but they are the same forms. Sifu also learned the differences between the Guangzhou forms, Hong Kong forms, and Vietnamese forms.

Anyways, so you have that.

The Internal Bak Mei that I am talking about is not from any of those sources. It comes from O Mei Bak Mei which has it's external forms as well as its Internal, Bak Mei Tian Gong Baat Faat. It is in and of itself and separate. This is what I was talking about when I was talking about Internal Bak Mei.

-For agreement, I don't know what we have disagreed about other than having an argument about Bil Jee at one time and maybe a chat about you saying that Yau Kung Mun was a joke.

If you want to talk about the physical aspects of Bak Mei, and take away all the metaphors and analogies of how you view it and how I view it, we can look at it objectively and say that there are only so many different ways that the body can move. You know what I mean?

The sets of Bak Mei do require a lot of patience and pain, I agree with you. The way that the Yau Kung Mun Sup Baat Seurng Toy Jeurng develops is just very different is all. It's a different kind of pain and patience. Hardly anyone would want to ever even properly practice it.

Anyways, hope my rambling clears things up.

Cheers,

Tao
    Last edited by TAO YIN; 05-04-2010 at 07:57 AM.