Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: The Key

And those wheels are a spinnin'.

Just doing a little clarifying here in parentheses, since the entire message seems to be lost when someone starts speaking in absolutes and their method as "the way" -

(Kevin like to practice) mindless attack ability, constant flowing forwards attacking.

(The way Kevin thinks and chooses to practice it) its not a concept its an ability

(Kevin's method of ) facing is so you can simply aim at a moving target relative to your line as you attack in cycling attacking arms.

(Kevin's method interprets) Spatial awareness to your line and the leading line of force to flank from the opponent are your tactical guides (to give) no, 'set techniques' , simply let the opponent show you what to do....and hit them with punches.

(Kevin feels there's) No need to attach and feel a line of force if its crossing a line only YOU can see... The true skill of a vt fighter is how little he/she has to do , not how much. IOW I let you move across the lines I either ,let you create, or I make, plus how much 'force control' you have, to be able to stay out of my range .

(Kevin prefers his method to function) like a spider web with a simple line , rather than an intricate web....
    Last edited by martyg; 06-22-2010 at 11:17 PM.
    Marty
    "The Evil Chu's"
    Watchful Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by martyg View Post
    And those wheels are a spinnin'.

Just doing a little clarifying here in parentheses, since the entire message seems to be lost when someone starts speaking in absolutes and their method as "the way" -

(Kevin like to practice) mindless attack ability, constant flowing forwards attacking.

(The way Kevin thinks and chooses to practice it) its not a concept its an ability

(Kevin's method of ) facing is so you can simply aim at a moving target relative to your line as you attack in cycling attacking arms.

(Kevin's method interprets) Spatial awareness to your line and the leading line of force to flank from the opponent are your tactical guides (to give) no, 'set techniques' , simply let the opponent show you what to do....and hit them with punches.

(Kevin feels there's) No need to attach and feel a line of force if its crossing a line only YOU can see... The true skill of a vt fighter is how little he/she has to do , not how much. IOW I let you move across the lines I either ,let you create, or I make, plus how much 'force control' you have, to be able to stay out of my range .

(Kevin prefers his method to function) like a spider web with a simple line , rather than an intricate web....

(Kevin thanks you) for clarifying that he follows a WSL way of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    (Kevin thanks you) for clarifying that he follows a WSL way of thinking

WsL advocated winning a fight within 3 strikes to the head. The only video I've seen of him was him doing si lum Tao. Did he advocate body structure and sticking like Terrence mentioned 35 pages ago?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    like Terrence mentioned 35 pages ago?
    That's funny LOL

WSL was one of the first along with TST in Yip Man linage to emphasises body structure.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    WsL advocated winning a fight within 3 strikes to the head. The only video I've seen of him was him doing si lum Tao. Did he advocate body structure and sticking like Terrence mentioned 35 pages ago?
    yes 3 strikes..man ~ wu, allows this idea to work.

body structure is paramount in motion while fighting.

What terence does is a hybrid of the chi-sao, there are many, not what we train to do.

Without knowing what the drills are developing, they become the idea, guys get lost fighting each other in chi-sao , leading to feeling over trapping feeling mammby pamby hand touching....we dont do this, this, mamby pamby bs

A lot of chi-sao is redundant to actual fighting, meaning we DONT fight with 2 equally extended arms like chi-sao. Easy mistake to make, easily shown to the uninformed. look at it this way, if i can simply put 1 arm out and have you attack it ...how many hands will you use to fight my one ? More often than not , the answer will be 2...TOGETHER on the same arm, in parallel sometimes !
    If on the other hand [sorry] you learn to make one of your arms act like 2 hands at once and swap them with another strike thats acting like 2 action in one ...iow one of my arms can both deflect your attack to me as i also strike you in the same timing....
    one arm x 2 actions , man ~ wu, cycling along the line ...then I can attack you in every action and defend my line as I do it. We strive to achieve attacking actions in EVERY action...
    This idea requires tactical positioning , relative to the opponent
    Last edited by k gledhill; 06-25-2010 at 05:20 AM.

No rebuttal ? Terence must be in a straight-jacket for that, fighting to remove it ..."must, twitch, twitch, copy paste mantra ....the faat ...hehehehheh "

Kevin,

I think you miss T... LOL!

Lol

I think everyone misses T wen he is gone, like an addict misses his crack.

Who's T?
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

I think the guys in white coats found him before Redmond sifu

BTW GOOOAAAAALLLLL USA , USA , USA

Quote Originally Posted by Dave McKinnon View Post
    I think everyone misses T wen he is gone, like an addict misses his crack.
    Holy lurker, Batman. A Dave McKinnon sighting.

Terence must be in a straight-jacket for that, fighting to remove it
    Only a theoretical non-fighter would say that. Everyone knows CSLWCK structure is a defense against any straitjacket.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

ah the 'ol straight-jacket defense, found in the bil gee no doubt

Everyone should know that the last move in Biu Jee is for putting on and removing jackets.

Or was that in the new Karate Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    The suddenly quiet T has been offered an opportunity to experience the TWC entry first hand on another thread. I'm hoping a seeker after martial truth as he claims to be would jump forward with knee and lead arm raised at such an opportunity.
    The "suddenly quiet T" has had his computer in the shop.

I've seen -- and learned the TWC entry -- it's simply silly. My training partner learned it firsthand from "Judo Chop" Cheung himself when he was a full-time trainee at Cheung's school back in the 80's (and was David Cheung's roommate).

Too bad "Master Joe Sayah" didn't use it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVXCftOuk2o