Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
Wed 8/11
Back to Gold's today.
My legs are burnt from monday so I wasn't going to be hitting it hard.
Think I"ve decided my weight days will look like this:
cardio, dynamic flexibility, one push, one pull, and something for legs

cardio warm up - 20 min on arc trainer
dynamic flexibility - starting to settle on a routine, alternating standing & lying
push - assisted dips, 10plate assist, 10 reps for 4 sets
pull - assisted pull/chin ups - 15 plate assist, 10 reps for 2/2 sets (4 total) - last set tough
legs - kettlebell swings - 35lb kettle bell, 10 reps for 4 sets

One of the reasons I think I'll end up following SJR's advice is that after weight days I often feel "out of steam", which is not typically the case for kickboxing/muay thai days. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I was kinda hoping for a 3 day weightlifting split, so i may sneak in a lighter morning workout on sundays.
A wise man once said to me 1) you wont do anything unless you enjoy it, and 2) planning everything around your rests days is the most important thing to do.

If you really want to put a third day in make it light cardio, this will help your recovery and weight loss goals without harming the rest of your training. DO machine based light weights in a circut fashion, something to get your HR up and your muscles flushed with blood.

If you are going to do full body training sessions start with the legs first, then do the upper body stuff, dont work the legs with the back tired, even light this will really be a bad idea