Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    I think you guys are full of **** let me tell you about the real world:

wrestling is a child's game sport fighters lose their peak after the age of 25 then they retire and buy a gun if they are intelligent.

all this bottom game top game is a crack heads mentality invented by beef cake coke junkies who train hard by using steroids. take away any ufc guys conditioning by smashing his knee and wrists with a hammer and his "technique" will resemble any pansy nonconditioned tma head.

when you are 60 it's all gone you get one strike you better have some sort of point needle in your hand and your footwork better be top notch...this is the essence of Bak mei. mad quick hands something a girl could use against a goliath bully.

everything else martial artists talk about is tv land done by peeps on drugs with great genetics that is not the martial art of self defense.

the real world of fighting riot squad does not gnp no they suit up full armor with shields batons and tear gas when they shut down gang fights in prison.

gung fu is the **** **** and always will be and gangster will tell you anything else is why god invented guns.

thats bull****... soldiers rely on their guns and the members of their batallion, yet they train groundfighting... with and without weapons... and thats a whole lot more real than some retard thug chasing you with a knife... its about being ready for any situation... if you are delusional enough to believe you could never end up on your back, you will find out the hard way that youre wrong...
    and it seems a few people in here, for some reason or another, are either unaware or unwilling to admit to themselves that you can do both... you can cover all ranges... its just the smart thing to do... to deny the possibilities is pure ego... as if the notion of groundfighting is an insult to cma or some dumb s h i t like that...
    Last edited by Syn7; 08-31-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    thats bull****... soldiers rely on their guns and the members of their batallion, yet they train groundfighting.

yeah they train groundfight didn't even read the rest halfwit...grappling is a child's game i said that of course they train it and then they grow up...

wrestling is a childs game that's why chinese emperors didn't find it too important.

like to be a bouncer all i gotta do is take some steroids making me like 230 pounds in a few months and do 6 months of jujitsu with big dudes who work as bouncers and i'll be able to take any redneck drunk out the bar within a year...that is skill any 17 year old native thug picks up from his cousins. bak mei is gonna take me 3 years of hard drilling to demo it's power in my next fight.

for real all I gotta work on is my grips and breakfalls and my wrassling is good enough to work at a bar...6 months of interval traing for my heart and 4 hours a dfay of getting tossed on my ass by big dudes. ****'s basic.

like to be a bouncer all i gotta do is take some steroids making me like 230 pounds in a few months and do 6 months of jujitsu with big dudes who work as bouncers and i'll be able to take any redneck drunk out the bar within a year...that is skill any 17 year old native thug picks up from his cousins. bak mei is gonna take me 3 years of hard drilling to demo it's power in my next fight.

for real all I gotta work on is my grips and breakfalls and my wrassling is good enough to work at a bar...6 months of interval traing for my heart and 4 hours a dfay of getting tossed on my ass by big dudes. ****'s basic.
    mhmm..

ima get one of these and light your a s s up wheb you arent looking!!!

http://www.tbotech.com/cellphonestungun.htm

ps: how do i leave a link but write my own words so it looks like this: click here ???

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    ima get one of these and light your a s s up wheb you arent looking!!!

http://www.tbotech.com/cellphonestungun.htm

ps: how do i leave a link but write my own words so it looks like this: click here ???
    how are those legal? i want one just to **** people off. some guy at the beach saw me doing sub jee and i told him to go see sifu he did, I'm impressed! go to class syn...

I think you guys are full of **** let me tell you about the real world:

wrestling is a child's game sport fighters lose their peak after the age of 25 then they retire and buy a gun if they are intelligent.

all this bottom game top game is a crack heads mentality invented by beef cake coke junkies who train hard by using steroids. take away any ufc guys conditioning by smashing his knee and wrists with a hammer and his "technique" will resemble any pansy nonconditioned tma head.

when you are 60 it's all gone you get one strike you better have some sort of point needle in your hand and your footwork better be top notch...this is the essence of Bak mei. mad quick hands something a girl could use against a goliath bully.

everything else martial artists talk about is tv land done by peeps on drugs with great genetics that is not the martial art of self defense.

the real world of fighting riot squad does not gnp no they suit up full armor with shields batons and tear gas when they shut down gang fights in prison.

gung fu is the **** **** and always will be and gangster will tell you anything else is why god invented guns.
    lol go take your meds

wombat combat has ground fighting. its a very ancient style kung fu

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    wrestling is a childs game that's why chinese emperors didn't find it too important.
    your an idiot.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Groundfighting was in China. One just needs to look at Dog Boxing, Fukien Ground Fist, Di Tang Quan, and Qin Na. These were all practiced on the ground while rolling. Even present day Cantonese Southern Fist has some links to the ground - just look at Hung Kuen or CLF. Bak Mei and Lama even have a set called Dae Saat. Not to mention Drunken Fist has many ground maneuvers

they have some small aspects but they do not have a true system in it. Most of the "styles" you listed focus on getting up from the ground and not dominating on it. In all honesty TCMA's do not have a ground oriented system in place for ground. you can believe what you want about what ever mythical TCMA's style out there but they do not have a ground fighting system. It's not there. It's just not part of the fighting spec. in TCMA's.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

wombat combat has ground fighting. its a very ancient style kung fu
    wombat combat has testical pulling and fecal throwing in it... to hard core for me.

ditang is not ground fighting. ditangs teaches rolls and breakfalls. today people add a lot of flipping and flowery things in between so its hard to tell
    Last edited by bawang; 09-01-2010 at 04:59 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    ditang is not ground fighting. ditangs teaches rolls and breakfalls. today people add a lot of flipping and flowery things in between so its hard to tell
    deih tong has, as I understand it, a few main "points"
    1) how to fall without getting hurt (or minimizing it) and recover quickly in order to get back up ASAP
    2) if u hav limited means of doing body conditioning, throwing urself onto the floor repeatedly is one way of doing this
    3) it's, like, TOTALLY cool to watch w those mad twists and wiked spin ups and sh1t and peeps be paying serious ca$h to see dat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    so which art has good throws AND ground work on the level of BJJ?

or which ground focused art has throws as good as Judo and Sambo?

Emphasis on one always means a trade off with the other....
    Maybe i am mssing something buit where did i argue that judo and wrestling have the same expertise on the ground as BJJ, actually where did anyone mention BJJ?

And i never said there was not a trade off, my point was you can have a ground game and still have big impact throws, both judo and wrestling (and as you pointed out Sambo) have a ground game but also have throws, if other styles have managed to do it whats to stop chinese wrestling from doing it?

Yes you are right the rules make the competition but if judo an still teach a good ground game without taking away from the throw, why cant chinese wrestling?