Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA website

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    frost

you have lower yourself to name calling now?

This is my point extacly, if your MMA teacher didnt teach respect to you at least your parents should have?

So your saying people that wrestle dont lie........alrightey then are you speaking on behalf of every wrestler you pesonally know in the US or is this just the wrestler's in the UK?

also your saying the MMA guys that jump up and scream, climb up the octagon fence, put thier hands in the air when they win,make that mean and intimidating face, talk smack, and act like animals. have NO ego, but the people, shifu's, masters and the humble monks who pradtice TCMA HAVE ego's? I do beleive you have this backwards my friend.
    Try not to be so bitter and contirbute something postitve to the conversation, you will get more out of your time on these boards.
    nope im saying that people that tell untrues and get caught out shouldnt cast stones on others they know nothing about.

Its not anyones role to teach me anything about respect, much less a martial arts teacher, lol how many shaolin movies did you watch as a kid? the real kung fu guys I have known have been anything other than morale guides, they were fighters, doorman and low level guys for the most part, hence the need to learn fighting and become good at it.

I go to my MMA and grappling coach to learn a skill set, not to learn esoteric ways of bowing or honouring someone who is making money off me

Respect is earned in a sporting enviroment from the way one deals with defeat and getting beaten on a weekly basis, not from how long you have been with a teacher, thats the respect grappling and MMA instills in you it allows you to know how good and bad you are and its a shame you have never gone through this process, but still feel the need to comment on it

It has less to do with MMA being some holy grail (which it isn't) and more about how you handle being punched in the face.

You slam TCMA, Frost, yet elevate MMA to some ridiculous level of awesomeness. Surelly you have to admit you are being snowed by your own bias. MMA is just like everything else. It's a fad, and it'll come and go, just like most other martial arts, which while keeping most of their hardcore loyalists, now are on the sidelines.

Combat, especially anything involving more variables than a ring, set of gloves, and some sort of ref, quickly becomes how you respond to life or death, adreneline filled encounters where everything seems to go wrong, and for whatever reason, sharp things seem to pop up out of nowhere.

In other words, stop propping up your BS style, which is the same as every other BS style the rest of us are doing, because in the end, it doesn't matter. It's a false sense of security, and you all end up in the same emergency room suffering the cost of arrogance and overconfidence.

The best street fighters are veteran street fighters. Not TCMA, MMA, etc etc.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    nope im saying that people that tell untrues and get caught out shouldnt cast stones on others they know nothing about.
    Well, I know of the implied benefits of Olympic Weight training for INTERNAL kung fu training, that you yourself were throwing around.

That should have been, game, set and match, for your kung fu forum existance, however, since this place is full of people of your (MMA and McKung Fu) persuasion, you were not laughed off, and out of this forum! LOL

But don't feel too bad, as you are continuing to provide the laughs for the few of us genuine TCMA practitioners, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Its not anyones role to teach me anything about respect, much less a martial arts teacher, lol how many shaolin movies did you watch as a kid?¨
    That kind of attitude is exactly what EarthDragon is talking about, that is pompous arrogance, insecurity, combined with empty pride, without the substance to go with it.

Frost, you have just proved his point about the lack of respectfulness in the general MMA camp!

the real kung fu guys I have known have been anything other than morale guides, they were fighters, doorman and low level guys for the most part, hence the need to learn fighting and become good at it.
    I doubt that you would know a real kung fu guy, even if he fell on your head!!!

Another hint, if you want to meet real kung fu guys, then find a REAL kung fu school and spend some years there......

I go to my MMA and grappling coach to learn a skill set, not to learn esoteric ways of bowing or honouring someone who is making money off me
    What people like you miss, is that the required respectfulness is not just for your MA arena, but for your life in general.

I was brought up with respectfulness being ingrained into me, and what I found in my kung fu schools was an extension of that......

I guess that not only do not have a point of reference as regards the TCMAs, you are kind of "lost in the woods" when it comes to the concept of respect.

Respect is earned in a sporting enviroment from the way one deals with defeat and getting beaten on a weekly basis, not from how long you have been with a teacher,
    Well, that is you. When I meet a fellow martial arts student, or even a sifu/sensei from another school or style, I am automatically respectful. That is, I don't ask them how many medals they have won in sporting competitions, before I decide to be respectful to them.

The same is true when I meet people outside of the MA world, I am respectful, that is I don't ask them to earn my repsect!!!!

thats the respect grappling and MMA instills in you it allows you to know how good and bad you are and its a shame you have never gone through this process, but still feel the need to comment on it
    I would hazard a guess that EarthDragon has been through a lot more than you think and he has done most of it within a TCMA context, and that would put him way ahead of all of you kung fu clueless MMA people who are here to "teach" the rest of us about the "Wonderful World of Knucklehead MAs" (coming soon to a movie theater near you?)!!!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 10-03-2010 at 01:24 PM.

frost,
    here yuo said
    then you said
    At least wrestlers dont lie about who they have trained and their comp record,
    this is a complete conradiction................. you are saying that EVERY wreslter doesnt lie , but obviously you can expect us to believe that you know everyone who wrestles in the world. so thats a LIE
    as well as the things you have said and lied to about me! So who casting these stones fitst stones? you read something that kniefghter posted about me that was flase without going back and reading what I REALLY said, this is called spreading flase rumors without knowing the truth So you a in fact lieing in this case.

Its not anyones role to teach me anything about respect,
    yes it is ... your parents, school teachers, pastors, MA or MMA teachers, you must respect others before you deseve respect.
    the real kung fu guys I have known have been anything other than morale guides, they were fighters, doorman and low level guys for the most part,
    perhaps this is the problem, you have not found a good teacher yet......But you are instulting many a respected, and famous people who have done incerdible things in their lives as well other peoples shifus when you call them doormats.

thats cool, we all have our reasons for joining a gym or a school.

Respect is earned in a sporting enviroment from the way one deals with defeat and getting beaten on a weekly basis,
    I have to disagree, one learns humiliation and humblness by getting beat up on a weekly basis not respect.

thats the respect grappling and MMA instills in you it allows you to know how good and bad you are and its a shame you have never gone through this process, but still feel the need to comment on it
    I learned TCMA so i didnt get beat up on a daily basis, although the teachers in my life have beatne me up pretty good over the last 29 years... try to have a good day and dont be so bitter......
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

god you are an in sercure idiot arent you, and no wonder you and hardwork get on so well

At least wrestlers dont lie about who they have trained and their comp record, grappling builds more respect and inner belief and destroys egos in a way no TCMA martial art does but since you have not done it I wouldn't expect you to understand
    Wrestlers/grapplers don't lie about who they have trained and their competition record? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You are killing me man! Of course grapplers lie! They lie CONSTANTLY just like most other martial artists!

They lie about who they can tap, about whether they "let" someone tap them, about "who paid for what equipment", about "what medals they've won", "how close to XYZ belt they are", who they trained with etc.

They just think different things are important enough to lie about compared to the traditional guys.

Wrestlers/grapplers are MONSTROUSLY egotistical. Then again so are traditional guys. Probably about equally IME. But the trad guys have a subcultural code of "public behavior" which strongly encourages them to be highly hypocritical about their ego ("I must act humble, while gloating inside") which the "competition/sport" types don't.

And don't say I don't know what I'm talking about. I've done grappling in multiple gyms with several teachers and it's the same song and dance. Human nature I suspect.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    It has less to do with MMA being some holy grail (which it isn't) and more about how you handle being punched in the face.

You slam TCMA, Frost, yet elevate MMA to some ridiculous level of awesomeness. Surelly you have to admit you are being snowed by your own bias. MMA is just like everything else. It's a fad, and it'll come and go, just like most other martial arts, which while keeping most of their hardcore loyalists, now are on the sidelines.

Combat, especially anything involving more variables than a ring, set of gloves, and some sort of ref, quickly becomes how you respond to life or death, adreneline filled encounters where everything seems to go wrong, and for whatever reason, sharp things seem to pop up out of nowhere.

In other words, stop propping up your BS style, which is the same as every other BS style the rest of us are doing, because in the end, it doesn't matter. It's a false sense of security, and you all end up in the same emergency room suffering the cost of arrogance and overconfidence.

The best street fighters are veteran street fighters. Not TCMA, MMA, etc etc.
    where did i say it was awsome or the best, i said i go to learn a skill set and that respect is earned through competition and loss, please show me where i said anything about it being the best etc? I simply got p*ssed at someone saying TCMA teachs respect etc though the bowing etc and that grapplers dont respect their coach or is somehow less fulfilling spiritually, is that ok?

Combat invloves much more you are right, and where did i say MMA was the be all and end all for combat? I have said over and over if you dont look like how you train when you fight there is something wrong, and that if you cant handle getting hit in a sporting context you probably wont handle it on the strret, would you agree with that?

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    Wrestlers/grapplers don't lie about who they have trained and their competition record? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You are killing me man! Of course grapplers lie! They lie CONSTANTLY just like most other martial artists!

They lie about who they can tap, about whether they "let" someone tap them, about "who paid for what equipment", about "what medals they've won", "how close to XYZ belt they are", who they trained with etc.

They just think different things are important enough to lie about compared to the traditional guys.

Wrestlers/grapplers are MONSTROUSLY egotistical. Then again so are traditional guys. Probably about equally IME. But the trad guys have a subcultural code of "public behavior" which strongly encourages them to be highly hypocritical about their ego ("I must act humble, while gloating inside") which the "competition/sport" types don't.

And don't say I don't know what I'm talking about. I've done grappling in multiple gyms with several teachers and it's the same song and dance. Human nature I suspect.
    the untrue bit was more aimed at a certian guy who stated he trained the guy that won ufc 6 and 7 then it turned out he was a sparring partner to a guy who won an alternate match at those events...

but if you want to argue who has more ego TCMA or MMA ill go down that route if you like.......

but if you want to argue who has more ego TCMA or MMA ill go down that route if you like.......
    Not really. I think both camps have their ego-monsters and the only difference is that MMA people tend to gloat openly and TMA people gossip behind closed doors or in private.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Not really. I think both camps have their ego-monsters and the only difference is that MMA people tend to gloat openly and TMA people gossip behind closed doors or in private.
    Another difference is that the MMA people, for some mysterious reason, tend gloat openly in TCMA FORUMS!

i would argue on general an average grappler is more humble than your tcma average pracitioner simply because he is getting beaten and tapped out on a more constant basis, and that is more humbling than anything in my view, the more egotistical guys i met in TCMA tended to be the ones who looked down on competing and sparring and would rather just do forms, those that sparred and fought were much more secure and had less time for the backbiteing and i find the same true in the combat sports, its also hard to lie about your comp record and who you train with when so much of that is out there for public consumption

i would argue on general an average grappler is more humble than your tcma average pracitioner simply because he is getting beaten and tapped out on a more constant basis, and that is more humbling than anything in my view, the more egotistical guys i met in TCMA tended to be the ones who looked down on competing and sparring and would rather just do forms, those that sparred and fought were much more secure and had less time for the backbiteing and i find the same true in the combat sports, its also hard to lie about your comp record and who you train with when so much of that is out there for public consumption
    Maybe it's different in the UK.
    -Bi Tianzou -

Maybe it's different in the UK.
    its all about personal expereince thats for sure

i would argue on general an average grappler is more humble than your tcma average pracitioner simply because he is getting beaten and tapped out on a more constant basis,
    Apparently not enough, because most of the grapplers who post here, which I will remind you and the likes of you again, is a KUNG FU FORUM, are pompous and rude so and so's!

and that is more humbling than anything in my view, the more egotistical guys i met in TCMA tended to be the ones who looked down on competing and sparring and would rather just do forms, those that sparred and fought were much more secure and had less time for the backbiteing and i find the same true in the combat sports, its also hard to lie about your comp record and who you train with when so much of that is out there for public consumption
    IMHO, you and your MMA lot should stick to your sports activities, hence limit your posts to sports fighting forums, and only frequent TCMA forums when you have genuine questions regarding certain TCMA methodologies that interest you.

That would be more RESPECTFUL!

I would like to see a video of a MMA fighter doing the usual "bum's rush" on a MA fighter and getting knocked to the floor with a vicious front kick. I'm really tired of seeing the videos over and over where this doesn't happen...
    Last edited by Reyth; 10-03-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Frost,
    the untrue bit was more aimed at a certian guy who stated he trained the guy that won ufc 6 and 7 then it turned out he was a sparring partner to a guy who won an alternate match at those events
    Please go back and RE READ MY post the one "I" posted not what knifefighter read and inturpreted incorrectly, then changed the words around and posted way HE thought I said. Peopel on here sometimes need a class in reading comprehension.

I said I trained Joel sutton. this is true.
    I said he won his ALTERNATE BOUTS, in UFC 6 & 7 this is also true.
    I said Yoshiki Takahashi trained at MY school for the fight.. This is also true.

Knifefighter and YOU are the only ones who read this to say I was his kicking dummy and he won the main event. Please learn how to read beofre you call people liars.

PS your a bad a$$ MMA fighter right mate, pleaee post what UFC you were in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or ANY fight for that reason, NO WHY cuz you havent done it yet? give me a break dude, what part of the UK are you from?
    heres a clip from the news paper
    incase you want to call people liars out here again.
    Attachment 5830
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."