Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Fook Sau

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    She's very pretty, Dave.

Sweetness and light are rare things indeed on the KFOWC forum.
    Thanks, she gets her looks from me

Now if she and her sisters would just learn WC...............................................
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post

Now if she and her sisters would just learn WC...............................................
    Then in 10 years you would have 2 kids who didnt listen to you and could kick your butt when they started throwing teenage hissy fit

Right. So one of them can be a traditional CMA, the other one cross train, they can start flame wars on KFO here, establish lineage wars and "who's got teh r3al auth3ntic wC" wars, issue internet gong sau challenges, become lifelong enemies, and you will end up never being welcome in your own house.

Quote Originally Posted by jesper View Post
    Then in 10 years you would have 2 kids who didnt listen to you and could kick your butt when they started throwing teenage hissy fit
    If he enrolled them at an MMA school instead they'd be kicking his butt in 3 months ...
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    If he enrolled them at an MMA school instead they'd be kicking his butt in 3 months ...
    Heck, they already have me wrapped around their little fingers. They get just about anything they ask for, if I can do it.

I am sure they would be better off with someone else, after all three girls and a single dad ! But, they are stuck with me for now
    Peace,

Dave

Heck, they already have me wrapped around their little fingers. They get just about anything they ask for, if I can do it.

I am sure they would be better off with someone else, after all three girls and a single dad ! But, they are stuck with me for now
    sounds like they'll be just fine

I haven't looked through all the 17 pages of this thread to see if I've posted the following clips. If I have too bad . . . jk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJpXq3fK_ic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kD2A...eature=related
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Phil

Can you please post the clips again with the other guys actually trying to hit you.

Its easy to do things like that when the other guy is allowing you to.

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Phil

Can you please post the clips again with the other guys actually trying to hit you.

Its easy to do things like that when the other guy is allowing you to.

GH
    Hello Graham,

And your video is where???? Not your Sifu but you doing something.

It is easy to try and detract others but Phil puts his stuff out there. Take the clips for what they are worth, an explanation and example of Fook Sau. Also, Phil has put it on the line in numerous competitions within and outside the system.

What have you done???
    Peace,

Dave

Hello Graham,

And your video is where???? Not your Sifu but you doing something.

It is easy to try and detract others but Phil puts his stuff out there. Take the clips for what they are worth, an explanation and example of Fook Sau. Also, Phil has put it on the line in numerous competitions within and outside the system.

What have you done???
    Hello

You must of misinterpreted what I was asking. I wasn't detracting just asking a perfectly normal question.

I admire Phil for doing what he does. He puts fighters into competitions. Not many lineages do that.

What have I done????? Inside Ving Tsun.......nothing really. Does that matter?? Just because I have no trophies from VT and I don't have belts around my waist does that mean that my VT knowledge and abilities are questionable??

Maybe you can ask the people that have attacked me in the "real world"

95% of all VT schools waste their time doing useless things that wont work in a real fight. I don't agree with whats in those videos but I'm not questioning his or his students abilities to fight.

If Phil can post a clip with his student trying to attack him as he would in a real fight then I'll shut up. Until then I'm entitled to my opinion.

In my school we actually try to hit each other. Then you realize what works and what doesn't.

I used to do things like that in the Ip Chun lineage. I left thankfully when somebody from the WSL lineage kicked my sorry @ss.

GH

Hello

You must of misinterpreted what I was asking. I wasn't detracting just asking a perfectly normal question.
    In the WCK/TCMA world, asking perfectly normal questions typically "detract"!

I admire Phil for doing what he does. He puts fighters into competitions. Not many lineages do that.
    So do mall karate schools.

What have I done????? Inside Ving Tsun.......nothing really. Does that matter?? Just because I have no trophies from VT and I don't have belts around my waist does that mean that my VT knowledge and abilities are questionable??
    Having some belt doesn't prove anything -- after all, we know of WCK "masters" that apparently make up a MMA competition that they can "win" and post a photo of themselves holding a belt.

What matters is what YOU can do. And there is only one way to know that-- by doing it. People who train like fighters, whether they compete or not, are doing that constantly. That is, after all, the basis of sport.

Maybe you can ask the people that have attacked me in the "real world"
    Oh, you mean the dreaded multiple ninjas that attacked you "on the str33t"?

95% of all VT schools waste their time doing useless things that wont work in a real fight. I don't agree with whats in those videos but I'm not questioning his or his students abilities to fight.
    Here's the thing, IF you train like a fighter, which means realistic sparring is the core of your training, you see very clearly what things work or not, and particularly what things work for you.

I think that stuff is silly too. Go look at the clips of Phil's guys "fighting" in comps and see for yourself -- do you see any of his guys doing any of that? That tells you.

If Phil can post a clip with his student trying to attack him as he would in a real fight then I'll shut up. Until then I'm entitled to my opinion.
    Phil is putting up clips that show what he teaches and how he teaches. That says is all.

In my school we actually try to hit each other. Then you realize what works and what doesn't.
    Whenever you train in a bubble, you are fooling yourself or allowing yourself to befooled.

I used to do things like that in the Ip Chun lineage. I left thankfully when somebody from the WSL lineage kicked my sorry @ss.
    GH
    Take the next step and go do some cross-training at a MMA or MT or boxing gym, and you'll have deja vu.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    In the WCK/TCMA world, asking perfectly normal questions typically "detract"!

So do mall karate schools.

Having some belt doesn't prove anything -- after all, we know of WCK "masters" that apparently make up a MMA competition that they can "win" and post a photo of themselves holding a belt.

What matters is what YOU can do. And there is only one way to know that-- by doing it. People who train like fighters, whether they compete or not, are doing that constantly. That is, after all, the basis of sport.

Oh, you mean the dreaded multiple ninjas that attacked you "on the str33t"?

Here's the thing, IF you train like a fighter, which means realistic sparring is the core of your training, you see very clearly what things work or not, and particularly what things work for you.

I think that stuff is silly too. Go look at the clips of Phil's guys "fighting" in comps and see for yourself -- do you see any of his guys doing any of that? That tells you.

Phil is putting up clips that show what he teaches and how he teaches. That says is all.

Whenever you train in a bubble, you are fooling yourself or allowing yourself to befooled.

Take the next step and go do some cross-training at a MMA or MT or boxing gym, and you'll have deja vu.
    Terence, Terence, Terence

The Nnjas got me. I didnt see them coming. They were in the shadows.

Sparring is the core of my training. I have the same approach as a boxer mainly because I used to be one.

We constantly put each other under pressure and the things in Phils videos do not work under pressure. Maybe its just me not being able to do it.

I don't train in bubble. If I wanted to train in MMA I would. I don't. I like PBVT. I have friends that do MMA. Just because they do doesn't automatically make them tough fighters.

In fact I would recommend anybody to a Boxing Club rather than show them the way to 90% of WCK schools

GH

Sparring is the core of my training. I have the same approach as a boxer mainly because I used to be one.

We constantly put each other under pressure and the things in Phils videos do not work under pressure. Maybe its just me not being able to do it.
    Lots of people "spar", so do people at mall karate schools -- even in the kid's classes.

It is not just the sparring but the QUALITY of the people you spar with that makes all the difference. This seems to be lost on people.

When you spar with people who are doing what you do -- your classmates -- you are training in a bubble. For example, look at the Boztepe people, they spar, they go really hard, but they only go with each other, and they are all doing the same thing (charging in with chain punching). They would make the same argument as you (we spar, it has worked for me on the str33t, etc.). One day sparring at a MMA or MT school would show them why that is a really poor idea.

Growth comes from continually and constantly putting yourself in uncomfortable positions, situations, from finding people who can routinely kick your ass, and training/sparring with them. Whenever you feel comfortable, you know that your growth has stopped.

Yeah, that would be you sucking... considering the fact that Phil's clips show his guys doing it in competitions (which is pretty much what would be considered as pressure).

Knifefighter.

Of course I suck!!!!! And you??? .......you are amazing and I'm jealous of you. Your posts are very informative and your ideas about WCK far exceed anybody on this forum. Can you tell me where your school is so I can come and bow before you and offer you some tea Sifu????

GH