Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: And BOOM goes the Dynamite (Imminent Bannings)

someone call Gene and tell him the barn is on fire again
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    The Roof! The Roof! The Roof is on Fiaaah! We don't need no water...
    Oh wait..Sorry.
    :P
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

whys everyone always pickin on me?

cuz you look like a girl and you sit down and pee!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    A good friend of mine once asked me, "Why do you spend time on internet discussion? What can you do if someone insults you online?" That was several years ago. Today I still don't have any answer for my friend's question.

Maybe someone can help me to find a good answer for it.
    This is a new social phenomenon, not a lot of rules and social mores to cover it.
    Message boards like this evolve generally the same pattern of mixed bloodbath and moderated info-rums.

Business, in the world of social interactive marketing and ePR, in protection of an organisation's brand values and collateral, has taken the stance that you reply in the medium where the comments were made, to the same audience, and you tell your story.

The market then has the chance to evaluate the two arguments and make its decision, like a jury.

How you tell your story, is obviously important. In essence, its a battle.

Adding personal honour and pride makes it a little different, or?
    I guess it depends on what qualifies as an insult, or online bullying?

The only advantage someone has over you is what you give them, as we all know.

Its like training I suppose, you put up with a lot of drudge for a little bit of insight....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

It's not as ruleless as longtime forum members might assume from previous eras. People's family's are now on facebook, and the people speaking s thouh nothing matters here, speak very differently on other parts of the interweb, and the willingness to have some behaviors associated with onesself is an increasing pressure.

I just banned MysteriousPower

Things got a quieter with the first few bans. Hopefully, with a few more, we can move onward.

I'll be banning a few people every day until the threads mellow out. It's sort of like a bank robber shooting a random hostage every hour until an escape helicopter is provided.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Get to da choppa!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    It's not as ruleless as longtime forum members might assume from previous eras. People's family's are now on facebook, and the people speaking s thouh nothing matters here, speak very differently on other parts of the interweb, and the willingness to have some behaviors associated with onesself is an increasing pressure.
    Depends. I do actually talk the way I do here in person. Some people deal with it, some people find it refreshing, lots get ****ed off. Just goes with it. Actually there are people here that know me in real life, former teachers and people I used to do KF with. And my bro pops on here from time to time. And my momma knows I cuss like a soldier, my dad taught me

The only thing I will say is that in person I don't "talk" about MA as much. I don't believe in martial arts "theories." Either you do it or you don't. I'd rather just do it and let that decide who's right. I spend more time talking about microbes and evolution and lately it seems a lot of all the little things that grow in poop.....

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I just banned MysteriousPower
    thank you; whereas KF and LHK (on occasion) at least had some content of value to what they posted, their posting style aside, MP's sole contribution was to literally go from thread to thread and repeat his assertions almost verbatim, calling into question the validity of what anyone he deemed hokey did; in fact, for a while he was stalking TT with almost frightening ferocity;

now, I have no issue w people calling someone on something, but he was almost abstracting the whole process - he had no other setting; and again, while KF, for example, could at least contribute from time to time in terms of technical info, MP did nothing of the sort;

in theory, it would be nice if people got the message and stayed on "topic" w out the threat of having to stand in the proverbial Internetz corner for an indeterminate amount of time; hopefully, if things settle down a bit, those who were banned can be reinstated and demonstrate a bit more tact in terms of how they get their respective points across, as wel as stop beating the dead, buried and decayed horse of their choice...

Guys... the key is balance. Watch.

Gene Ching is a big dummyhead.

***BUT***

THERE IS A 75% OFF SALE AT http://www.martialartsmart.com/ !!!

THAT'S RIGHT! Hoodies, swords, training gear, you name it! These deals won't last forever, so get now while the getting is good!!

This still might get me banned. But man, 75% off IS a pretty good deal. I wasn't even expecting that when I was putting this whole skit together. *shop*shop*shop*
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

im exactly the same in real life as i am on this forum. except i have a body and im not just data floating in the interweb...

wouldnt it suck to get banned from real life?

Holy crap, it's like Black Thursday in the store!

Dude...training mitts for less than $30.

Shoes are cheap right now too...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

everything i ever owned is from http://www.martialartsmart.com/

I dont even see a reason to buy things anywhere else.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad that from now on we don't have people who will say that:

- Kettlebell is serous workout, but
    - Stone lock is silly and childish game.

When people argue like that, I know they just want to put down TCMA no matter what subject.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-05-2010 at 05:51 PM.