Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WCK partner drills

Quote Originally Posted by jesper View Post
    After his death apparently he studied with alot of sifus.
    Well either that or they beat him up in some secret fight
    IMHO, Bruce Lee was one of those rare Jack of All Trades, that became Master of ONE, that is, his own hybrid fighting style, which was not really kung fu, but more of a modern MMA.

That is very much unlike the Jack of All Trades, fake TCMA-ists who post in this forum, ever cluelessly, about the TCMAs, advising us on how to "improve" kung fu by following their "lost in the woods" kung fu-esque MMA approach to training.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    IMHO, Bruce Lee was one of those rare Jack of All Trades, that became Master of ONE, that is, his own hybrid fighting style, which was not really kung fu, but more of a modern MMA.

That is very much unlike the Jack of All Trades, fake TCMA-ists who post in this forum, ever cluelessly, about the TCMAs, advising us on how to "improve" kung fu by following their "lost in the woods" kung fu-esque MMA approach to training.......
    you do know I was being sarcastic yes ?
    So many stories popped up in the 80 with all kinds of people having trained him or fought him or whatever.
    Ofcourse they all came forth after his death

Quote Originally Posted by jesper View Post
    you do know I was being sarcastic yes ?
    Of course I know.

I just wanted to add my take on Bruce.....

This one is even more ironic than most of your nonsensical blurbs..

Not so "very much unlike"

The truth is that if Bruce was posting here on this forum you'd be telling him the same line of BS you tell anyone on the board who has an opinion differing from yours..

No doubt about it... Because most of what Bruce said and did in terms of his "more of a modern MMA" aka JKD is very much in line with what those say here whom you malign the most...

You speak of others failing logic when you've shown no ability to use logic anywhere at anytime.
    Last edited by YungChun; 10-23-2010 at 11:25 PM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post
    This one is even more ironic than most of your nonsensical blurbs..
    There is nothing "ironic" about the post. Perhaps you misunderstood.

The point was that Bruce made what he did work for him. However, what he ended up with had more to do with what we call MMA today, than with traditional Kung Fu.

Others, do the same nowadays, and their approach may or may not work for them, but that does not mean that what they do can be referred to as Kung Fu, specially when most of them, who happen to also criticize the TCMAs, do not have a valid background in them.

The truth is that if Bruce was posting here on this forum you'd be telling him the same line of BS you tell anyone on the board who has an opinion differing from yours..
    Is that the "line of BS" that says that you cannot criticize the TCMAs based on Mc
    dojo or incomplete knowledge, while relying on your MMA (none TCMA) one?

No doubt about it... Because most of what Bruce said and did in terms of his "more of a modern MMA" aka JKD is very much in line with what those say here whom you malign the most...
    That would be because of the fact that no matter what the Bruce Lee marketing told us, he was not really a high level exponent of kung fu; he had not completed a single style; he disregarded the Internal aspects of the TCMAs, and so on.

This means that if he had entered this forum and criticized the TCMAs, without the necessary knowledge base, then I would have a few "discussions" with him.

You speak of others failing logic when you've shown no ability to use logic anywhere at anytime.
    My logic is everywhere, and it is simple logic!

The question is wether or not you have the logic to comprehend it!

There is nothing "ironic" about the post. Perhaps you misunderstood.
    Oh no it's quite ironic in its inconsistency..

The point was that Bruce made what he did work for him. However, what he ended up with had more to do with what we call MMA today, than with traditional Kung Fu.
    Yes that's right.. Exactly what these folks are doing which you criticize here:

Others, do the same nowadays, and their approach may or may not work for them, but that does not mean that what they do can be referred to as Kung Fu, specially when most of them, who happen to also criticize the TCMAs, do not have a valid background in them
    See now you wrote "same" which is not "very unlike." Which is it?

Perhaps you misunderstood what you wrote...

You wrote this describing Bruce:

That is very much unlike the Jack of All Trades, fake TCMA-ists who post in this forum, ever cluelessly, about the TCMAs, advising us on how to "improve" kung fu by following their "lost in the woods" kung fu-esque MMA approach to training....
    And then went on to use the exact same language to describe them as you did Bruce... See how "very much unlike" doesn't quite fit with "the same"..

So when you wrote "very much unlike" I assume you meant very much alike?

Or in your world does "very much unlike" mean "the same"..?

logical..? No.

Because as you said here..

That would be because of the fact that no matter what the Bruce Lee marketing told us, he was not really a high level exponent of kung fu; he had not completed a single style; he disregarded the Internal aspects of the TCMAs, and so on.

This means that if he had entered this forum and criticized the TCMAs, without the necessary knowledge base, then I would have a few "discussions" with him.
    You would have to have a few "discussions" with him.. Which no doubt means, and as I said, that you would be running the same lines of empty BS criticisms at Bruce that you toot off at those here whom you've deemed of the same ilk..see same not "very much unlike."

Can't you even comprehend that?

My logic is everywhere, and it is simple logic!
    Yes, sadly, like chaos and unbalanced minds your "logic" is everywhere...

You have no logic..

You have no name..

You have no evidence..

You offer only negatives..

There is no evidence that you even do Chun or for that matter do "The Real Chun"...like all anonymous/troll/elitist/ARPs..

Troll Feeding = Off
    Last edited by YungChun; 10-24-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

Oh no it's quite ironic in its inconsistency......
    Long reply deleted, quote Jim's account title:

"Attain Master of Silence"

Still working on that Jim I see.
    Marty
    "The Evil Chu's"
    Watchful Dragon

Oh no it's quite ironic in its inconsistency..

Yes that's right.. Exactly what these folks are doing which you criticize here:

See now you wrote "same" which is not "very unlike." Which is it?

Perhaps you misunderstood what you wrote...

You wrote this describing Bruce:

And then went on to use the exact same language to describe them as you did Bruce... See how "very much unlike" doesn't quite fit with "the same"..

So when you wrote "very much unlike" I assume you meant very much alike?

Or in your world does "very much unlike" mean "the same"..?

logical..? No.

Because as you said here..

You would have to have a few "discussions" with him.. Which no doubt means, and as I said, that you would be running the same lines of empty BS criticisms at Bruce that you toot off at those here whom you've deemed of the same ilk..see same not "very much unlike."

Can't you even comprehend that?
    Let me help you comprehend.

Bruce Lee took his modern MMA path and reached standards that most MMA people who post here can only dream about. So, he was unlike these people.

However, there are similiarities (likeness) between Bruce and today's MMA people, in that they train various MAs to "complete" what they deem to be "incomplete", within their fighting arsenals.

Another likeness that Bruce had with the MMA-ists who post in this forum, was the fact that his knowledge of the TCMAs was incomplete and did not qualify him to drag them through the dirt like he did, not unlike the kung fu-clueless MMA warriors of this forum.

I am trying to explain a simple, but sometimes hilarious phenomenon. Read the above a few times, and let it sink in (hopefully within the current decade).....

Yes, sadly, like chaos and unbalanced minds your "logic" is everywhere...
    Sadly for you, my mind is relaxed and in harmony with my surroundings. Hopefully, if one day you end up studying true WC, then you will understand what I am talking about.....(however, I am not holding my breath).

You have no logic..
    Read my post again a few times more. I promise that the logic will sink in if you read it with dedication (and intelligence).....

You have no name..
    I have a real name, just because you don't know it, does not mean that it does not exist......

You have no evidence..
    I have real evidence, just because you have not seen it, it does not mean that I that the evidence does not exist.

You offer only negatives..
    I offer the truth, which the kung fu clueless and insecure egoists here, perceive as "negatives"....

There is no evidence that you even do Chun
    I do Wing Chun and more, just because you do not have the necessary TCMA knowledge or experience to see the evidence of that in my posts, does not mean that I don't.....

or for that matter do "The Real Chun"...like all anonymous/troll/elitist/ARPs..
    I do "The Real Chun", just because you wouldn' t know the real thing, even if it fell on your head, it does not mean that I have not studied in an authentic kung fu school....

Troll Feeding = Off
    Yes, run and hide behind the rock of kung fu cluelessness, and or, perhaps even join Dave Ross's kickboxing gym, which should not be too far from where you live.

That may be something more suitable for your level of intellect.....
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 10-24-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by martyg View Post

These knuckleheads never take their own advice.....

Quote Originally Posted by martyg View Post

Not at all...did you hear something?

I made no sound whatsoever on this page...
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

I made no sound whatsoever on this page...
    We agree, at last.......

Limitations

WCK does infact have limitations. But those Limitations can make your game stronger. For instance you know WC is medium to close range fight style. Someone equally skilled as you who does long range or ground fighting will have an advantage over you. Traditionally WC doesn't have long range techniques ie high kicks. But that means you train extra hard to master that limitation and conqueror it. Also WC is close range style that means the power of boxers hook or muay thai kick is going to be more powerful than WC strikes. So you prepare and adapt and use what works best. You can either incoperate the strengths of other styles into your WC or you can develop skill to combat their strengths. Either way WC has limitations knowing your limitation is power. For instance if your short and small guy who is very fast your limitation might be your not as strong as most. But your really fast. So make your game on controlling your opponents ability to hit you while you flow and flutter him with numerous attacks. Maybe your stronger and bigger than most but find you are slower than alot of people. Your limitation is speed. So you have to learn how to use your strength and power effectively and to your advantage. To say WC has no limitations is a fallacy. All arts have limitations. Limits are bad per say. They just let you know what you need change,alter,adapt or add!

I have one question though...

Whats your definition of "ALIVE" and "DEAD"

in the context everyone is speaking from?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

You're mixing one's personal limitations with the limitations of the style. But you're right in that both have strengths and weaknesses, as well as specific opportunities and threats.

A person's strengths and weaknesses are at their core genetic. Before that there will lie room for improvement in that when first starting a person isn't at their full potential and thus the activity is pursuit of the highest level of skill and performance attainable within the confines of one's genetic blueprint.

The style has limitations because no style or system has all the answers. No matter how much you admire it, it doesn't. Not WC, not MT, not even MMA. Why? Because there are too many variables in fighting. Answers don't always lie in having a basic knowledge of an area of combat or even in all areas of combat, but rather a higher level of skill in an area of combat.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

wow

Excellent Post Vanukeun!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"