Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Sticking Hands

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    why r u saying no?
    all you wrote, no.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    terence your guessing and trying to assume what YM was doing was what YOU think...your wrong. Sad but true....controlling in mutual drills doesnt require attachment at all but the opposite, not being there for the attempted attachment..
    YM no doubt played guys like yourself who TRIED to attach themselves to him....
    Do you understand the concept of Sticking to your opponent, feeling his intent and redirecting his energy. Thus controlling your opponent?

Do you do this when you chi sao, practice drills and or spar?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    Again plaese name all the good guys that robert and alan have fought. Please show me the hundred hours of fights that they have been in. Taking away your usual attempt to make sparing fighting, They would not be good by your standards. Just using your own ideas, Alan looks like he can fight to me but if you think differently maybe you should see him.
    Oh by your standards then helio wouldn't be a good fighter either. Show me all his hours of fighting good people, well except for kimura that snapped his arm.
    Your standards only apply when you want to make a point.
    Each person fought anyone that would fight him. No they didn't travel the world to fight everyone. But to say they aren't good fighter because you don't know any of the people that they thought or they didn't fight MMA guys is the usual terrence crap.
    The ultimate sign of chisao or VT is a person knocked out or incapacitated. While control is important just controlling them while not striking in chi sao is more as a nicety (like WSL playing with Robert, why beat the snot out of him when he can just control and throw him around). Using that control to attack is the ideal, remember yip man was like 80 something so he would be chasing someone punching them several times. Just let them know that he could have.
    Uhoh, now you've gone and done it benny. You've made his head explode with logic. Watch for his circular logic and argumentation to come to the front, his attempts to change the subject, and lastly but most importantly, the personal attacks to try to make himself feel better.

I reckon rob would be better than T, what do you reckon?
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

controlling in mutual drills doesnt require attachment at all but the opposite, not being there for the attempted attachment..
    Ah, so in a drill where you are "attached" and remain that way as per how Yip played you control by "not being there" for an "attempted attachment"...

"Well I was about to play ChiSao with Sifu Yip, when suddenly he disappeared and someone told me he was in the teahouse and I just fell the f#ck over.."

Just f-ing brilliant.... Is there a neuron in the house?
    Last edited by YungChun; 12-03-2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post
    Ah, so in a drill where you are "attached" and remain that way as per how Yip played you control by "not being there"...

Just f-ing brilliant.... Is there a neuron in the house?

YOOOOUUUUUU remain that way Jim!!!! We don't!! Over touching men's arms is gay!!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    YOOOOUUUUUU remain that way Jim!!!! We don't!! Over touching men's arms is gay!!

GH
    Have you ever tried reading what you read?

Yip Man would always be in contact with his students not hitting them, but he would control them... (kind of takes the zap out of your--we only ChiSao to strike 'idea'.)

If you think he controlled them by not being in contact with them then either you've lost even more brain matter or you simply don't know how the drill works...
    Last edited by YungChun; 12-03-2010 at 11:48 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

[QUOTE=k gledhill;1064079]....controlling in mutual drills doesnt require attachment at all but the opposite, not being there for the attempted attachment..
    QUOTE]

That makes no fricking sense at all!

It makes the same sense as forcing square pegs into round holes does..

IOW Kevin must try to apply his template of pure "un-attachment" to something than is inherently attached... This in order to justify the "idea" that the only thing of any consequence in ChiSao is the striking.. And while part of the traditional drill does certainly involve striking, the core of the drill--what all the tools do--including the strikes, is control....
    Last edited by YungChun; 12-03-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

Do you understand the concept of Sticking to your opponent, feeling his intent and redirecting his energy. Thus controlling your opponent?

The goal is not to stick to the opponent's hands, but to make them stick to you using better positioning, mechanical advantage (aka leverage) and friction.

If you are trying to stick to them, all you will do is end up chasing hands.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

no.........

[QUOTE=KPM;1064288]
    ....controlling in mutual drills doesnt require attachment at all but the opposite, not being there for the attempted attachment..
    QUOTE]

That makes no fricking sense at all!
    your a chi-sao head ..must touch, must touch , must control....

It makes the same sense as forcing square pegs into round holes does..

IOW Kevin must try to apply his template of pure "un-attachment" to something than is inherently attached... This in order to justify the "idea" that the only thing of any consequence in ChiSao is the striking.. And while part of the traditional drill does certainly involve striking, the core of the drill--what all the tools do--including the strikes, is control....

attachment is a possibility we face as we attack people...we deal with sudden and efficient regaining of striking, ergo PB and his punching ..you dont understand what he is doign so assume a lot...

attachment is a possibility we face as we attack people...we deal with sudden and efficient regaining of striking, ergo PB and his punching ..you dont understand what he is doign so assume a lot...
    Anyone can "understand" what he is doing, what he isn't doing--and why--simply by watching him...

If that wasn't enough there is your 15 hundred posts explaining it over and over and over again to assist one's "understanding"..

This stuff isn't brain surgery after all it is simply a part of what VT is...in fact a simplified version of VT and what many beginners do.....it's also missing some basics... IOW your "new idea" should have been a part of what you had all along..now it's all you've got and you have denied yourself the rest of the art as is shown by PB's seniors.

You have to keep telling yourself that others don't "understand" to protect your ego...

Talking about others being unteachable is a laugh with that tallboy teacup of yours filled to the brim with Kool Aid...
    Last edited by YungChun; 12-03-2010 at 05:44 PM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

Quote Originally Posted by shawchemical View Post
    The goal is not to stick to the opponent's hands, but to make them stick to you using better positioning, mechanical advantage (aka leverage) and friction.

If you are trying to stick to them, all you will do is end up chasing hands.
    No if a person removes contact or moves their hands away you dont chase the hands at all. You hit the Face. Contact comes when your opponet strikes and you bong, Tan or pak. From there you have a bridge upon interception. Also sticking comes from when you punch or attack and their hands go up, they parry, or they cover up, or they grab your hand. From then you redirect their hands to posistion you can hit them. ie pull down the hand obstructing your punch so you can hit them at the same time. entry technique 101 i would think. But on the contrary if you chase someones hands your gonna get hit. Wing Chun is an striking art. So you should strike strike strike above all else. If your striking them and they have no defense then they just get hit alot. But if they good at intercepting a punch thats where sensitivity, control,trapping, directing energy comes in at. If your fighting another guy who is anxious to strike. Then you slow down his timing by tying his hands up an hit him repeately!

Do you understand what i am saying guys?

- Retain what comes in, send off what retreats. Rush in on loss of hand contact.

- The thrusting and fast attacks are well suited for closing in.

- Make the first move to have control. Attack according to timing.

- Do not collide with a strong opponent; with a weak opponent use a direct frontal assault.

- Persistent attacks will surely gain you entry. Staying on the defensive too long will surely get you into trouble.

- As long as you are sticking to your opponent, you are unlikely to lose. A well trained waist can prevent loss of balance.

- Rapid moves are hard to guard against. Go in when the opponent slows down.
    Last edited by Yoshiyahu; 12-03-2010 at 06:47 PM.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Anyone can "understand" what he is doing, what he isn't doing--and why--simply by watching him...

If that wasn't enough there is your 15 hundred posts explaining it over and over and over again to assist one's "understanding"..

This stuff isn't brain surgery after all it is simply a part of what VT is...in fact a simplified version of VT and what many beginners do.....it's also missing some basics... IOW your "new idea" should have been a part of what you had all along..now it's all you've got and you have denied yourself the rest of the art as is shown by PB's seniors.

You have to keep telling yourself that others don't "understand" to protect your ego...

Talking about others being unteachable is a laugh with that tallboy teacup of yours filled to the brim with Kool Aid...

riiight....so your doing it already, but you cant see PB doing it ?

You think you understand ....to protect who's ego.... mine ..

i get it, its not rocket science and anyone can SEE whats going on, so why does T call it fantasy fu, you dont understand for a 100o posts, but NOW you do understand ...when was the epiphany ?

My ego left a long time ago matey....thats why I am here with the riff raff... My old sifu told me never to lower myself but here I am !!

I could care less what YOU think anyway, so...whatever.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 12-03-2010 at 09:07 PM.