Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KO's and MORE KO's !!

You don't actually think boxing has something to teach Kung Fu do you? If so what?
    Yes, I do.
    Well for one thing how to develop consistent knockout power even with pillow on your hands, LOL !
    All kidding aside, yes I think that kung fu has much to learn about this and the proff is those threads about momentum, force, inch power and six directional force and the somali anal knuckle twist.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

My point was that every MA has anecodotes and stories about how Master Dim Sum destroyed 5 people, 3 dog, 1 cat and 13 grasshoppers with one clinching of his mighty buttock !
    Yet the vast majority are NOT verifiable in any shape or form.
    We have threads about how Master A can do this and that and knock down a person with the twitching of his pinky, yet NONE of it verifiable.
    And then we have Boxing and MT ( feel free to add any combat system that DOES fight and that DOES keep records, that systems aren't the point) with verifiable acts of "mass mayhem" ( and KOing over 100 people does qualify as such).

My point?

Who told you to believe that? Is that in a fairy tale or a disney movie? If you are about the same age as I am we were duped with that nonsense and you can see that not even in China they would believe that in real life. It is just like today with professional wrestling, look at the audience and they believe what they are seeing as real look at people watching TV and been captivated by reality shows.

The numbers you are showing is part of the marketing hype to show what people want to be entertained about it. Back in the old day, you had boxers who never made it to the top because was not marketable and it was not acceptable by the intelligentsia. Those numbers are good for the past 20 yrs. or so and validate what's acceptable today.

And what, Sir, is your issue with the somali anal kuckle twist?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Yes, I do.
    Well for one thing how to develop consistent knockout power even with pillow on your hands, LOL !
    All kidding aside, yes I think that kung fu has much to learn about this and the proff is those threads about momentum, force, inch power and six directional force and the somali anal knuckle twist.
    like i said, I've boxed and I do kung fu.

boxing training doesn't offer any training that is superior to kung fu when it comes to power generation. It really doesn't.

the threads that delve into minutia tend to be coming from the same place as they are in boxing forums.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

heres 2 random guys i got from google fighting out of china using cma influenced sanshou. although like most fighters they take what works, boxing, bjj, mma, cma, thai, japanese, etc. most guys are crossing over to mma now days so you have to mix it up to keep that competative edge. could these be more impressive, sure i guess. did i try hard to find these? nope about 1 minute on google...

Liu Hailong - 54 fights , 50 wins, (sry no ko count)

Bao Li Gao / known as: "Son of the Grassland" and "Muay Thai Killer"
    MMA record (total): 48-6-0 (KO wins:21- Sub wins:16- Dec wins:11- KO losses:1- Sub losses:4- Dec Losses:1)
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Thumbs up

Sweet, so obviously we are all in agreement and we won't be seeing anymore threads about stuff that isn't verifiable.

Sweet, so obviously we are all in agreement and we won't be seeing anymore threads about stuff that isn't verifiable.
    hahahahahhahahahahahahhaha....

hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    hahahahahhahahahahahahhaha....

hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha
    ...cont

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Kung Fu is good for you.

i dont see any kung fu guys doing marching drills and formations training. martial arts is art of war. guns have been part of chinese martial arts for 500 years wheres the firearmtraining.

i dont think kung fu can be called martial art because today it compromises its integrity. lots parts of chinese martial arts but people dont train it because its not fun. you dont see that in japanese kobudo they take that sh1t seriously.
    Last edited by bawang; 01-25-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i dont see any kung fu guys doing marching drills and formations training. martial arts is art of war. guns have been part of chinese martial arts for 500 years wheres the firearmtraining.
    it is supplemental these days.

It's safe to say that virtually NO martial arts schools offer firearms handling, retention and use and you would think that would be some realistic martial training these days...but nope.

weird.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    it is supplemental these days.

It's safe to say that virtually NO martial arts schools offer firearms handling, retention and use and you would think that would be some realistic martial training these days...but nope.

weird.
    I know a few that do, but to be honest, outside the DBMA affiliates, they tend to be more RBSD type and not very good.

guns are seriously busness theres no play factor. its littled talked about in chinese martial arts because they were viewed as sacred. if i lived in us and had opportunity i definitely would train firearms then i would be a real martial artist. because of that i dont see myself as a martial artist, im just a hobbyist.

i think the us military has the essence of martial arts . they put wu de and wei in real practice.
    Last edited by bawang; 01-25-2011 at 12:58 PM.

It pains me that it was a WC guy that got most of the point !
    LOL !
    No offense James

My point was that every MA has anecodotes and stories about how Master Dim Sum destroyed 5 people, 3 dog, 1 cat and 13 grasshoppers with one clinching of his mighty buttock !
    Yet the vast majority are NOT verifiable in any shape or form.
    We have threads about how Master A can do this and that and knock down a person with the twitching of his pinky, yet NONE of it verifiable.
    And then we have Boxing and MT ( feel free to add any combat system that DOES fight and that DOES keep records, that systems aren't the point) with verifiable acts of "mass mayhem" ( and KOing over 100 people does qualify as such).

My point?

If you haven't got it by now, I don't know what more to say but allow me to say this:

Instead of theorizing about what type of "strike" or which way way to hold your left toe so as to make your punch the most powerful, why not view the concrete evidence we DO HAVE and take it from there.

In other words, Boxers routinely KO people when they fight, some boxer far more than others, this means they probably have a pretty good punch so maybe, just maybe, one would do well to see what THEY are doing right ( since they ARE KO'ing people on a regular basis) and take THAT into advisment.

Or we can debate the correct way to hit based on people that are NOT knocking anyone out.
    So you're saying we need someone to go around and knock out a bunch of people to promote the arts and give it the same prestige as Boxing or MT?

Challenge Accepted

I may need someone to post my bail though.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    guns are seriously busness theres no play factor. its littled talked about in chinese martial arts because they were viewed as sacred. if i lived in us and had opportunity i definitely would train firearms then i would be a real martial artist. because of that i dont see myself as a martial artist, im just a hobbyist.

i think the us military has the essence of martial arts . they put wu de and wei in real practice.

go here: http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/weblinks.html

supplement what you are being denied by the "sacred" lol.

P.S your IPSC black badge is more "real" than any black belt you can get.

because it means that you can:
    -consistently shoot a handgun into a 6" group from 20 yards.
    -operate the safety and clip release of your gun with only your shooting hand.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 01-25-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

thx for link bro. does that mean you can carry handgun with licence in canada? or only on shooting ranges?

i never seen anyone in canada carry a gun, it would be normal in us but it would look pretty weird here i dont know. and i dont live in the country side. i would get a licence and carry a gun if i lived in america but i dont know aobut canada. people dont have the same attitude
    Last edited by bawang; 01-25-2011 at 02:46 PM.