Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Different kind of muscle?

its easy to talk on the internet forum to throw out words like tendon strength. internal power.alignment. colostomy bag. lineage. hairy testicles. bridging. . you guys can willingly believe in this bullsh1t and be completely humiliated by mma and follow the most backward and primitive practices in kung fu. you guys can spend half your life and thousands of dollars learn punching the air. but when it comes to honor and being a upright person, "im not old fashioned"
    Last edited by bawang; 03-13-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

lol bawang i love u.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    its easy to talk on the internet forum to throw out words like tendon strength. internal power.alignment. colostomy bag. lineage. hairy testicles. bridging. . you guys can willingly believe in this bullsh1t and be completely humiliated by mma and follow the most backward and primitive practices in kung fu. you guys can spend half your life and thousands of dollars learn punching the air. but when it comes to honor and being a upright person, "im not old fashioned"
    Yeah! But your mom will always have hairy balls and look like Sammo Hung!

Where is the honor in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

bawang's mother is a gay
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

my mother looks like sammo hung. your mother looks like william hung.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    bawang's mother is a gay
    choy lee fut is popular in california because only gays like martial art named after a vegetable. FACT
    Last edited by bawang; 03-14-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    my mother looks like sammo hung. your mother looks like william hung.
    My mother is not strong like yours, but she was a cheerleader!

Rah Rah Rah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xIoI...eature=related

she is from singapore.

she speaks with british/amoy/taiwanese accent.

oh, she is not my daughter.

liang ju, qian li ju, nan qiu.

良驹 千里驹 难求

there are horses born with good genetics, they runs like a wind with no effort.

there are horses born with not so much strength. you may try it all you want.

you only tire the horse without making it running any faster than it could.

thus the saying, good people or good horse comes once only in a thousand years

or something like that.

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ht1Z...eature=related

she sings "looking/expecting at spring wind"

a taiwanese folk song written in 1930s.

Thumbs up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQIiB...eature=related

the 1930's record

the 19 year old chun chun sang the original version.

back to regular discussion of muscles, strength and flexibility.

Geetings,

I always felt that pole dancing was a fantastic discipline that was done in strange places.

Your daughter's performance was excellent, YouKnowWho. And, by the way, she is quite beautiful. I hope she keeps going with the art. By the way, she demonstrates an embodiment of kung fu that many only talk about.

To your question, TCMA has gotten away from that kind of training. Quite a few of the Northern styles trained gymnastics beyond the simple forward flip, cartwheel, and butterfly kicks. There was tumbling, floorwork. If you ever see an early picture of Lau Fat Man, you could easily observe that the guy was a ROCK and that his build was not for looks. Unfortunately, this discipline is only maintained by the Chinese opera companies.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I'm proud to present my daughter's excellent performance. Do you think CMA training can help you to achieve this kind of flexibility, balance, strength, endurence, body alignment, and inner connection?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2WguirjwYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ztoWCtg88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Qrf5VfkMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j35M4PGXU34

Onething in my mind is that I knew she has never done any weight training in her life time. To be able to hold on the pole with 2 arms and keep her body upside down (almost like a human flag) does require some arm strength. My question is, "Do you think her arm strength is different from those who builds big muscle from weight lifting?" What's the difference between these 2 kind of muscle? I know I'm stronger than her but I can't do what she did, why? Did she take "short cut" for her strength development? What might be that "short cut"? All my life I was working on big muscle, it seems to me that you don't need to have big muscle to do certain thing (such as "human flag").

What' your opinion on this?
    Great videos...which point to other ways of gaining strength that go beyond, or do not use weightlifting to create strength, power and efficient body unity.

In the past, I have come into conflict with various "modern" members of this forum when I had stated that the Wing Chun and Chow Gar training I received could give one potent power and strength, without using weight lifting exercises.

This concept was even more incredible with the Chow Gar approach, which is not something that is taught very openly.

I believe that besides the Chow Gar and WC approaches, there may be others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    That was a great performance.

Not to compare your daughter to an animal, but look at animals such as lions, tigers, leopards, apes/chimps, etc. They don't lift weights, but move their own body weight, yet they are extremely powerful. More powerful than any world-class bodybuilder.
    Jimbo, you have brought up a fundamental point. There is kung fu school of thought that believes that humans have lost the natural body unity that gives animals so powerful, relatively speaking, that is. Some lesser known kung fu training methodologies, including the internals aim to create this kind of body unity for humans.

The training that I am talking about is very rare, and I in the past, have had great arguments regarding this subject with some of these forum's kung fu "gods", who see Western style weight training, including the Olympic one, as the only way.

Suffice to say that the TCMA methodology in question has been totally missed by the Western physical training science. So, the only way to train this is to find a genuine sifu in styles such as Chow Gar, Pak Mei and Dragon. There are others styles out there too, but I think a lot of them may have lost these methodologies through over secretiveness and the Mcdojo phenomenom.

Did you really have to say it twice?

It is not like we haven't seen these exact same words from you a million times before. I'm fairly certain everyone is familiar with where you stand on the issue.

Shouldn't you be off somewhere chain punching a conspiracy theory.
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Did you really have to say it twice?

It is not like we haven't seen these exact same words from you a million times before. I'm fairly certain everyone is familiar with where you stand on the issue.

Shouldn't you be off somewhere chain punching a conspiracy theory.

Even in this day and age people tend to confuse strength training with bodybuilding.
    They shouldn't.
    Gynmasts do ST ( Strength training), Powerlifters do ST, Bodybuilders to ST, every pro athlete does ST, and so forth.
    Very few people outside of BB or those that ST to get bigger muscles actually do the type of ST needed to build big muscles ( and the diet that goes with it), ie: Hypertrophy oriented ST.
    Frost is right John, get a few good books on anatomy and strength building.

Specificity is the crucial element in ST, perhaps more so than any other activity.

Your daughters strength and muscle development, ALONG with her DIET ( funny how people always forget that part) and here predisposed genetics, are what got her looking the way she does.

This lady is a female powerlifter:

And so is this one:

This one is a BB:

This one does both:

These one are gynmasts:

And so is she:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !