Mig

It's always difficult (if not impossible) to diagnose someone via the internet, so you should seek someone out who can meet your needs in your area.

Having said that, I'll try to provide some useful info. Based on what you said, it is apparent that something is going on with your kidneys. It may be nothing, or it may be something such as chronic kidney disease (which is often asymptomatic until about 75% of the kidney function is lost). So it's a good idea to go get a blood/urine test just to be sure. More than likely though is that you are simply eating way too much protein. Protein needs are influenced by many things and also vary from person to person, so protein intake needs to be addressed on an individual basis.

Although a deficiency of dietary protein is clearly detremental, many chronic conditions can be caused or exacerbated by excess of protein, particularly animal protein. These include osteoporosis, kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, and possibly certain cancers. Most adults in Western countries consume more protein than the recomended EAR (estimated average requirement) or RDA.

In my opinion, diet is the key here. You are on the right track regarding your dietary changes, but I would take it a step further. I feel you should switch from animal protein to strictly plant protein. Because plant sources of complete protein are free from cholesterol, low in saturated fat, and provide dietary fiber and various phytochemicals, they are superior in my opinion. In addition, in my experience, they are easier on the kidneys.

Don't get me wrong, Cordyceps is great. I would take that also. I would build up to take 1 gram, three times per day.

Good luck!

Eric Hunstad, L.Ac
www.OldSchoolKungFuNow.com