Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO - Tin Yat Tai Chi Fist Form

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    Thank, I am fine. I am the performer in the video Mak Ching Yuen. nice to meet you. I am just posting to share some video of mine, nothing meaning to market anything or what-so-ever. Just purly sharing. If you like it you can watch it, if you don't, too bad, then just bypass. Right?
    right. can respect someone for putting themself up and sharing what they have. most people here never put themself up, so as your first or one of your first posting thats neat. im lucas nice to meet you
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Just to be clear, I am the performer of the video, Mak Ching Yuen. If you want to comment on my stuff, feel free to do so but I do not like assaults of abuse without using a logic or brain when you talk. So if you want to say I am rigid, hard, whatever, please give the points or even feel free to reference to which part of the video you think is rigid and why. I can openly talk it through with you.

I am personally a kungfu lover and I do like to do kungfu and collect forms. up to today, I have got over 400 forms in my brain and it's just fun to do so. If you love kungfu like me, cheers! enjoy the vibe!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    right. can respect someone for putting themself up and sharing what they have. most people here never put themself up, so as your first or one of your first posting thats neat. im lucas nice to meet you
    Thanks! Nice to meet you too.

Yes, this is one of my first posting, takes me lots of guts to do it as I fear most forums are full of crazy wolves in the past... but apparently it's about the same. Anyway, It's okay, I got used to it. haha!

thats in good spirit.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Blog Entries
    I like your Taiji better than CMC's Taiji for the following reason:

- the speed is normal and not as slow as old man climb mountain.
    - you have mixed some white crane and Bagua flavor into it. It shows that you don't have "style boundary".
    - You have some fast moves within other slow moves. It's much more fun to train that way.

It takes a lot of courage to put up your own work on youtube. When people said that sword should not touching sword, I immediately made a clip and put on youtube for the sake of discussion. If everybody are kind enough to share their own clips, the online discussion will be much more fun.

I have asked youtube clips about snake engine, 20 Channels, and 6 directional force vectors. I still haven't seen them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I like your Taiji better than CMC's Taiji for the following reason:

- the speed is normal and not as slow as old man climb mountain.
    - you have mixed some white crane and Bagua flavor into it. It shows that you don't have "style boundary".
    - You have some fast moves within other slow moves. It's much more fun to train that way.

It takes a lot of courage to put up your own work on youtube. When people said that sword should not touching sword, I immediately made a clip and put on youtube for the sake of discussion. If everybody are kind enough to share their own clips, the online discussion will be much more fun.

I have asked youtube clips about snake engine, 20 Channels, and 6 directional force vectors. I still haven't seen them yet.
    Thank you! What is CMC style?

Yes, I do not like old man style too and so my Tai Chi are all done fast. This is not the pace I practice at home, it's just for show. At home, I do it even faster to save time for other things~ I got over 150 forms a day to practice.. no time to waste! hahahaha!
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

I thought it was 400?
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I thought it was 400?
    I know 400+ forms in my brain, but I practice about 150 per day, and so they cycle and go in a schedule in a week. That's how it goes. How can you practice so much in a day? 400? no way, haha!
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

I couldn't practice 150 in a day either...

What is your job that allows you to practice that many forms per day?
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I couldn't practice 150 in a day either...

What is your job that allows you to practice that many forms per day?
    To be honest, the 150 forms don't go on 365 days a year. I work as a Taoism Master, full time, and I open my own temple in Markham, Ontario. Now our temple is under rennovation and so I work from home and teach online, do online service and so on. Everything is done online and so I have the whole day free. I train for about 8 hours a day to get the 150 forms done. Sometimes abit less just to relax for the day. Sometimes more if I feel like to.

Some forms are short and easy to do fast, like most of the mantis forms are very fast, you can really roll through them like 10 forms in 3 minutes or something. Just speed it up and it's good cardio for your body too, haha!

I can say, doing a yang style 108 form takes me about 3minutes only, not hard~

Blog Entries
    What is CMC style?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl2mvyjHYS0

doing a yang style 108 form takes me about 3minutes only, not hard~
    The 108 moves long form take me 4 minutes and 42 seconds. But after my 5 miles running, I can finish that form within 2 minutes. I was taught that each move should be equal to either 1 inhale or 1 exhale. If my breathing is fast after running, my form speed will be fast. The breath speed control the body speed and not the other way around.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 04-19-2011 at 01:19 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl2mvyjHYS0

The 108 moves long form take me 4 minutes and 42 seconds. But after my 5 miles running, I can finish that form within 2 minutes. I was taught that each move should be equal to either 1 inhale or 1 exhale. If my breathing is fast after running, my form speed will be fast. The breath speed control the body speed and not the other way around.
    Thanks for letting me know the CMC, I know who he is, I don't like his style either because it's way too old man looking, not my type~

Well, 3 minutes is just good but it's okay as long as we can save time and not spend 30mins doing one form, it's pointless. I saw the people in the park who do Tai Chi when I am in HK, it's sooooo sloooooww, people can even sleep while moving, that's their taichi style, holy.. I can't stand it, too boring.

Blog Entries
    Some people said that you start you training slow and finish your training fast. The problem is people like CMC who was still doing his training slow when he was old.

Some people said that you start you training slow and finish your training fast. The problem is people like CMC who was still doing his training slow when he was old.
    You start slow just because you cannot remember the moves correctly, but once you got it "naturalized", you will be able to move very fast. I can do the form in ultra fast mode in 30secs too, but not what I do normally, I can do a show off one later on and put it on video in the future, haha~ let's have a 108 form race!

Blog Entries
    I have trained over 50 forms in my life. I don't have time to train those forms daily. If I can just move my hands a little bit, I can train it in my mind so I won't forget those form. Until one day I have recorded all my forms on video tape, I no longer have to worry about that problem.