Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obama kills Bin Laden

The intel didn't come from GITMO.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    The intel didn't come from GITMO.
    You should know better than I. But that's what I heard on the news today. I'm sure it will be cleared up here soon.

Intel more than likely came from AF-PAK allies.

Pakistan would like USA to stop predator bombing them, so they gave up the boogeyman. Pretty cut and dried op if you ask me.

W could have done it. But didn't and that's the rub right there.

Obama could have done it, and did it.

nuff said.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    You should know better than I. But that's what I heard on the news today. I'm sure it will be cleared up here soon.
    Rumsfeld is just trying to cover his own ass. He's the one who said that. No one else has, to my knowledge.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I've not heard that one. And considering you are either dead-wrong or fabricate things quite a bit,....

I do know Clinton was offered him before 9/11, and he took a pass.

Intel more than likely came from AF-PAK allies.

Pakistan would like USA to stop predator bombing them, so they gave up the boogeyman. Pretty cut and dried op if you ask me.

Obama could have done it, and did it.

nuff said.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Faraj_al-Libbi

Dude's in gitmo. Intel as to the identity of the "trusted courier" whose trail lead them to Bin Laden came msot likely from Al-Libbi.
    Last edited by wenshu; 05-02-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    I've not heard that one. And considering you are either dead-wrong or fabricate things quite a bit,....

I do know Clinton was offered him before 9/11, and he took a pass.
    what resources does Obama have that Bush did not?
    Bush never went after OBL.
    Osama just finished up 8 months of getting it together for go time.

Badabing, badaboom, done. Courtesy of a democrat. woot!

I can't believe you had not heard that Bush could've done it. He could've, but he didn't.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Bush never went after OBL.
    Once again I wish we had a 'facepalm' icon.

I can't believe you had not heard that Bush could've done it. He could've, but he didn't.
    Never heard it before now. Please provide a source on that, I'm curious if you're right or dead-wrong. I know what history shows in relation to you and the facts....

President Bush said the finding Osama Bin Laden was not a priority.

March 2002:

Q Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive? Final part -- deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really eliminate the threat of --

THE PRESIDENT: Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is -- really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission.

Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is -- as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide -- if, in fact, he's hiding at all.

So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

And there will be other battles in Afghanistan. There's going to be other struggles like Shahikot, and I'm just as confident about the outcome of those future battles as I was about Shahikot, where our soldiers are performing brilliantly. We're tough, we're strong, they're well-equipped. We have a good strategy. We are showing the world we know how to fight a guerrilla war with conventional means.

Q But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.
    July 2006:

C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden

The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, intelligence officials confirmed Monday.

The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned within the C.I.A. Counterterrorist Center, the officials said.

The decision is a milestone for the agency, which formed the unit before Osama bin Laden became a household name and bolstered its ranks after the Sept. 11 attacks, when President Bush pledged to bring Mr. bin Laden to justice "dead or alive.
    September 2006:

WE NOW KNOW WHY the Bush administration hasn't made the capture of Osama bin Laden a paramount goal of the war on terror. Emphasis on bin Laden doesn't fit with the administration's strategy for combating terrorism. Here's how President Bush explained this Tuesday: "This thing about . . . let's put 100,000 of our special forces stomping through Pakistan in order to find bin Laden is just simply not the strategy that will work."
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

To quote the wisdom of Mark Twain

"I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

He said Bush could've done this, but didnt. That's what I'm looking for, evidence of that. While Bush may well have said it wasn't his top priority, I don't believe for a second he ever had info as to where exactly the guy was and said, 'Dont worry about it, we don't want that guy.'

Quote Originally Posted by PHILBERT View Post
    thats awesome... im so glad the birther thing is dead...

who wants to bet on what percent of the population will still insist they think he's not american or unsure... i bet it will be like 20 % or higher... lol

the fact that it went this far is pretty sad tho...

You people are so divisive. Half you fukcers are just contrarians.

Obama killed Osama? I doubt ol' Zero could even lift a gun much less fire it...& much much less qualify as a Seal..
    but hey good job of him giving to go ahead to kill the Bastich...

God bless our warriors for killin' Aholes!!!
    Last edited by Badger; 05-02-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: spell
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    the fact that it went this far is pretty sad tho...
    It is, especially considering the community organizer could have just released it 2 years ago instead of spending millions to keep it hidden.