>"If you had two friends that ask you to teach them internal Martial Arts. One of your friends just wanted to learn Chi Kung to increase his health and vitality,and the other friend wanted to learn how to fight with the internal Martial arts.

How would you teach them to develop and increase in wisdom knowledge and they own personal power, from your own experience and personal understanding and knowledge of your internal Martial Art method?"<

__________________________________________________ ___________

If I told one friend that the discipline and health they seek is found in Tai Chi's combative training, and told the other that the combative skills they seek are found through Chi kung's healthful movement and energy management skills-training, they'd both get what they're looking for. The principles are the same, but the focus and awareness are different.

Both are sound approaches, but In this case, it depends on my skill and depth of knowledge to guide each toward their goal in these roundabout methods. The most important component is how willing both students are to put their faith in my methods.

To paraphrase Stockhausen; "You can't really teach anyone anything...You can only bring out what's already there"

I try to help people develop their own training strategies and encourage them to take responsibility for their own learning. All I can do is impart the principles that lead them to discovering Tai Chi within themselves.

As for specific methods;

Chi Kung has two faces...performance and health. I introduce performance based Chi kung first so that solo practice is specific to what the player will be doing during their combative training. The specificity of the Chi Kung routines are mated seamlessly with TC's 8 Gates and their attendant footwork. Only then is form and health based Chi Kung introduced.

Tai Chi has tactical universality and that aspect is simple enough to grasp, but as people start peeling back the layers, they begin to understand the depth and profundity that TC contains as an IDEA rather than a particular "style"

I approach Tai Chi on a conceptual level where the ideas of energy management and movement principles just happen to apply to all apsects of one's being and doing. The guy who wants health teaches himself how to fight, and the guy who wants to learn fighting teaches himself how not to fight by avoiding trouble and focusing on his well-being.

That's all for now...maybe more later