Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is there not a single WC fighter, anywhere!!!!!!!!!

you need a refresher course in 101 VT
    And you need a refresher course in logic and common sense
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    That's the Vitor Belfort clip Frost and I were discussing.

Nothing whatever to do with Wing Chun, despite the wishes of (too) many.
    I know. It's good skill. How to train to obtain that skill is what I'm interested in. One thing for sure is, you can't obtain skill like that by doing solo form only and that's for sure.

Good clip like this will be used for reference over and over. We just don't see good clip like this that often. It puts faith into our heart for certain combat skill.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-19-2011 at 08:22 PM.

And you need a refresher course in logic and common sense
    Its one of the first things explained to VT students so they understand what they are trying to achieve. It is logic and common sense. Your uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    you need a refresher course in 101 VT

You think thats WC?

Its one of the first things explained to VT students so they understand what they are trying to achieve. It is logic and common sense. Your uninformed.
    It may have been the first thing explained to you, but it didn't seem to sink in.
    Same as in spelling and grammar class ...

you're uninformed.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Anyone know where this video is from or their lineage. Almost bare knuckle really, with a little flavor of their own. Starts off with basically ground fighting but be patient and you'll see some stuff there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrAVNnVP-0

Also for all the guys who were curious what there was, at least in America, before all the MMA madness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCjDw...el_video_title

Matt

www.youtube.com/mvbrown25

Quote Originally Posted by mvbrown21 View Post
    Anyone know where this video is from or their lineage. Almost bare knuckle really, with a little flavor of their own. Starts off with basically ground fighting but be patient and you'll see some stuff there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKrAVNnVP-0

Also for all the guys who were curious what there was, at least in America, before all the MMA madness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCjDw...el_video_title

Matt

www.youtube.com/mvbrown25
    Actually that first clip was horrible. Even though there was groundfighting it was very clear that none of them knew anything about grappling. The stand up was almost as bad. Run at your opponent with your fists flailing.
    Mike

It may have been the first thing explained to you, but it didn't seem to sink in.
    Same as in spelling and grammar class ...

you're uninformed.
    You're correct, 'you're' uninformed, thanks for the spelling correction at least you can spell better than your understanding of VT

One of the first things you show a vt student is to maintain striking distances so they can deliver ko force in movement. Chi-sao furthers this training, as a striking drill etc...
    Last edited by k gledhill; 05-20-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    You think thats WC?
    you dont ? please explain why it wouldnt be ...then we can see your thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    you dont ? please explain why it wouldnt be ...then we can see your thinking.
    Oh don't encourage him Kev!! LOL

G

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Oh don't encourage him Kev!! LOL

G
    Guys want to see tansao punches to make it VT or a pose....

That's the Vitor Belfort clip Frost and I were discussing.

Nothing whatever to do with Wing Chun, despite the wishes of (too) many.
    Correct as usual and for the people saying what vitor did is Vt101 how come we cant see any clips of actual wing chun guys doing it i.e. you or your students or Philips guys

Its not hard, phils guys show his teachers system of wing chun in action, but how come we can’t see the principles you talk about in a fight which includes an actual wing chun guy? I mean if its so basic to wing chun would cant you show clips of it

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Correct as usual and for the people saying what vitor did is Vt101 how come we cant see any clips of actual wing chun guys doing it i.e. you or your students or Philips guys

Its not hard, phils guys show his teachers system of wing chun in action, but how come we can’t see the principles you talk about in a fight which includes an actual wing chun guy? I mean if its so basic to wing chun would cant you show clips of it
    I don't teach mma .......but ironically i get mma guys who do come to learn VT for street / bar fighting. I can show you clips of what I consider good VT.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

Alan Orr doesn't just do WC so I'm not sure if he's a good example of a WC fighter. He does mma because to compete in mma you have to mostly train mma. Luk Sao...not so much.

A WC fighter, to prove WC purely works in mma, should just be training WC right?

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Alan Orr doesn't just do WC so I'm not sure if he's a good example of a WC fighter. He does mma because to compete in mma you have to mostly train mma. Luk Sao...not so much.

A WC fighter, to prove WC purely works in mma, should just be training WC right?
    MMA by definition requires ground skills for submission options.
    VT would require bjj etc...sprawling....its an arena for grapplers who can strike, kick. Gracie's set it up to highlight bjj as the grind game. The first fights had 20 minute guard stalemetes.