Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1411

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

im being honest with you. i lift weights and train five days a week now, i have no qualms arguing about kung fu on the internet.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    so what if we know we're crazy then?
    If you are crazy and know you are crazy, how can you trust that you are really crazy, because if you are crazy you can't trust your own judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    you guys really think messing around with visualization pathways that coincide with your nervous system is not gonna do anything?
    Oh, it'll do something, just not anything to be concerned about unless you are crazy to begin with!

i dont like to mess around because one time i swear i made my heart skip a beat and i got so scare at that moment i got up and started running. i never tried again to slow my heart rate.
    My heart skips beats all the time. Everyone's does! It's no big deal. You probably didn't MAKE it skip, it most likely skipped like it always does on occasion, but because you were calm and paying attention, you just happened to notice it that time!

Thumbs down

im being honest with you. i lift weights and train five days a week now, i have no qualms arguing about kung fu on the internet.
    For the record your argument of "you're fat so STFU" is not only insulting it is also terribly childish. I'm done with you. We can talk again when you grow up.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Qigong induced mental disorders: a review

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs...4.1999.00536.x

meditation induced psychosis

http://content.karger.com/produktedb...file=000108125

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    David, I actually respect Jung.

But I think he'd be the first to admit what he was doing wasn't science. That's fine. Not everything has to be. I'd prefer claims of health risk to be grounded in the sciences though.

And Bawang, I've tried very hard to not make personal attacks. If all you have to reply to my statements is insults I'd prefer just not talking with you right now.
    What always rang a bell with me in regards to Jung was that upon discovering the Bardo Thodol, from that point forward he was almost never seen without a dog eared copy of it in hand or under his arm.

When I studied Jung, I learned this and got myself a copy of the Bardo.
    I have to say, I was stunned! lol

I still have the Bardo and I still have quite a few of Jung's works. these days, I refer to the Bardo more than the writings of Jung though.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

from that article Qigong remained veiled in secrecy and available only to the elite until the early 1980s
    Bzzzzt that is incorrect sir, moving right along.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

arguing for the sake of arguing also shows low social and emotional intelligence.
    No it doesn't. That conclusion is a projection of your value system on to those who do not conform to your own preconceived notions of what is socially and emotionally intelligent. It does not take into account differing value systems that may find benefits to arguing for argument's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    If you are crazy and know you are crazy, how can you trust that you are really crazy, because if you are crazy you can't trust your own judgment.
    how do i know i can trust what you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    My heart skips beats all the time. Everyone's does! It's no big deal. You probably didn't MAKE it skip, it most likely skipped like it always does on occasion, but because you were calm and paying attention, you just happened to notice it that time!
    more than likely
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote from the abstract - last line of the conclusion section of the abstract actually:

"Many so-called ‘Qigong-induced psychoses’ may be more appropriately labelled ‘Qigong-precipitated psychoses’, where the practice of Qigong acts as a stressor in vulnerable individuals."
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

in order words doing qigong wrong makes you go crazy.

eating mayonaise sandwiches doesnt precipitate psychosis.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    You're enlightened egalitarianism would be a commendable sentiment were it not immediately followed by this nonsensical word soup:

"You people"? What do you mean "you people"?
    as in "you" as in those fellas. and the other fella and the other fella.

the people making the stupid racist remarks. those are the "you people" in context to my comment.

you took offense, you took offense, nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

No, actually in other words: If you were probably 90% of the way to crazy anyway doing Qigong may precipitate an episode.

Now do you want to keep on having a civil conversation on this or, when your position looks untenable again are you just going to resort to insults? Because, really, I don't have the time for the latter.
    Simon McNeil

No, actually in other words: If you were probably 90% of the way to crazy anyway doing Qigong may precipitate an episode.
    noe, it means can induce psychosis on people who are genetically predisposed to mental illnesses, which are a large enough group in society to warrant a scientific study.

lol..no. Read it again Bawang.
    That's not what it says at all.

It says the crazy pre-existed, any self examination under those conditions can trigger a deeper psychosis.

translation: they already were crazy to begin with and exacerbated it with practice of self examination.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

meditation induced psychosis

http://content.karger.com/produktedb...file=000108125
    Where are the studies that demonstrate the preexisting psychosises? If these are not included then those studies are meaningless!

how do i know i can trust what you're saying?
    If you are crazy you never will, if you are not crazy you can use you own judgement based upon the preponderance of evidence acquire from your life experience, just like other sane people!

Quote from the abstract - last line of the conclusion section of the abstract actually:

"Many so-called ‘Qigong-induced psychoses’ may be more appropriately labelled ‘Qigong-precipitated psychoses’, where the practice of Qigong acts as a stressor in vulnerable individuals."

No! In other words, "Adding stress to an already stressed system creates cracks that lead to breakdowns. All this does is demonstrate that Qi Gong adds stress and is full of sh!t as a means of relaxation!