Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ignore faxiapreta

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post

Dude, what are you talking about?
    摔角, 泰拳

did someone insert those in your profile?????
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    It makes the person feel superior .Thats why they seek out boards like this and keep stirring up the same fights.They get to feel like they are top of the food chain on internet land.
    People who say things like 'Really? Is there any evidence whatsoever that that is the case?' may feel superior, I don't know. My overwhelming emotion is astonishment that such a perfectly reasonable and self evident approach to claims made byothers would result in character assasination. I assume the assasins must be extremely afraid of what such an approach might reveal.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    It makes the person feel superior .Thats why they seek out boards like this and keep stirring up the same fights.They get to feel like they are top of the food chain on internet land.
    I think it has less to do with feeling superior and more to do with being amazed about some of the delusional things people believe and the lies they tell. Followed by not being able to keep our mouths shut about said amazement.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    cite them then......
    how about just about any interaction with me?

before you puzzed out cause you couldn't stand being sat down all the time from some impudent whelp like me...or so you thought.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Water-quan View Post
    I'm not an MMA guy. MMA - although in many ways it has, of course, developed in to a 'style' of its own accord - is a format, which, as people like Cung Le show, can accomodate a wide range of fighting styles in a reasonably safe yet limited rule environment.

I don't mind HOW people show that they can do what they claim to do. I don't realy even mind if they don't prove it. What I mind is people being threatened and insulted just because they don't believe something that doesn't seem likely, and no one, apparently, can produce any evidence for.
    Fair enough. The only problem I truly have is people who dismiss anyone who does TCMA as being a form fairy or LARPer. There are plenty of Kung Fu peeps out there like this but there are also Kung Fu guys who follow more of a Sanda and Shuai Jiao workout regiment and training method that do not fall into this category.

I still do forms, stance training, breathing exercises, basics, and meditation. Doesn't mean I don't also do bag work, pads, spar, and roll. I think the problem is both sides of this argument being CMA and MMA guys get reduntant on the bashing. Also, I truly love MMA, I think the sport has done wonders for martial arts as a whole and believe all systems of fighting are better because of it's emergence and popularity. (The ones who realize and adopted it's methods)

No one likes for their belief system to be questioned, however knowledge is usually always attained this way. Both sides should try this.
    Last edited by Iron_Eagle_76; 06-21-2011 at 08:17 AM.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

摔角, 泰拳

did someone insert those in your profile?????
    What don't I see about
    the points being made regarding how wacko some of these so called TCMA people are?
    Put it another way. I agree more with faxiapreta than may be immediately obvious but I am still critical of how he frames his narrowly predetermined agenda as some sort of critical analysis. Just as critical as I am of all the sequined silk wearing Asian mysticism fetishist LARPers.

Put it another way. I agree more with faxiapreta than may be immediately obvious but I am still critical of how he frames his narrowly predetermined agenda as some sort of critical analysis. Just as critical as I am of all the sequined silk wearing Asian mysticism fetishist LARPers.
    You know what the best part of this whole thread is?

10 pages and 140+ replies to a thread that was supposed to be about ignoring me.

Hahaaha!!!

fair enough, but I'd like to see you take it to the latter as well (but that's just me)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Water-quan View Post
    I can't understand you. You're saying that the suggestion that a technique is demonstrated in a live situation, to see if it actually works, is some kind of trolling, waste of time that should be ignored?

I just don't get that.
    nope, I have no problem with an intelligent discussion, and live situation demo. That's fine.
    What I do have a problem with, is his childish, "is too-is not.." endless repetition, his lack of ability to stay on topic, and the fact that he, himself has no facts, no experience and just basically talks out of his azz, but everyone else has to provide for him,what only he deems acceptable proof. Bullsh1t.
    I must however commend you on picking up the gauntlet and defending him to every other poster on the forum. Bravo.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    There are a lot of people on here, and perhaps you have me confused with another poster, or someone told you something

I challenge people's views, I don't engage in personal insults. . .ie things you have claimed about me have no basis in fact
    I refuse to believe you are that lacking in self awareness. . .but since you asked.

cite them then......
    Pretty much any exchange between you and Frank. (not that they weren't well deserved, it is a continuing prolonged skirmish after all)

And this.
    You are so poorly educated you can't read a basic English sentence

I TRAINED his son

Do you know the difference between "TRAINED" and "trained with"

Maybe you should just stop posting, you are embarassing yourself, really
    Again, I am not trying to pass judgement on whether or not those were justified. As I said earlier, there is nothing inherently wrong with personal insults, interpersonal hostility is kind of the pretext of all martial arts in the first place isn't it?

Just as critical as I am of all the sequined silk wearing Asian mysticism fetishist LARPers.
    Asian mystic chicks are hawt!
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

fair enough, but I'd like to see you take it to the latter as well (but that's just me)
    Oh but I do, often and with vigor.

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    You know what the best part of this whole thread is?

10 pages and 140+ replies to a thread that was supposed to be about ignoring me.

Hahaaha!!!
    Finally! A post that was worth reading!!!
    nice one.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Ross is a delusional idiot too. He just gets more support from some braying asses because he wears a cup and runs a pseudo mma gym. lol

He's ignoring me, so he probably won't take insult at my insult.
    New rule:
    If you can't see your own pen i s past your gut without a mirror then you're not allowed to teach martial arts LOL.!
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 06-21-2011 at 08:45 AM.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Asian mystic chicks are hawt!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !