Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ignore faxiapreta

Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    I think it has less to do with feeling superior and more to do with being amazed about some of the delusional things people believe and the lies they tell. Followed by not being able to keep our mouths shut about said amazement.
    How can you be amazed at the same things that are repeated on a monthly if not weekly basis?These debates that are going on now are old hat already and should hardly be shocking even if they are absurd.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

You know, the issue isn't the we have some people who are LARP'rs or live in their own special world.
    The issue is that there is no need to be rude or insulting to make your point, fact is people resort to insults when they don't have the brains to make their point.
    We need some posting rules that make that clear.
    Calling someone an idiot or stupid or things like that just bring everything down to a grade two level ( worse since grade twos don't even say those things anymore).
    Disagree with a point?
    Fine.
    Make YOUR point and that is all you can do.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post

The issue is that there is no need to be rude or insulting to make your point, fact is people resort to insults when they don't have the brains to make their point.
    and, very clearly, a variation on this theme is the "you didn't learn the real stuff so you don't know" thing that gets rolled out here 10 times a day

oh, and resorting to 20 year old Chinatown gossip

Personally, I've seen guys I completely do NOT agree with, whose arguments I even find illogical and lacking in support, at least go on and share their views. At least that makes for discussion

But when someone goes "there is real chicken blowing up chi and you haven't seen it" it kills the forum.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You know, the issue isn't the we have some people who are LARP'rs or live in their own special world.
    We need some posting rules that make that clear.
    Calling someone an idiot or stupid or things like that just bring everything down to a grade two level ( worse since grade twos don't even say those things anymore).
    Disagree with a point?
    Fine.
    Make YOUR point and that is all you can do.

What about implied insults coupled with back handed compliments

MMA for the win!
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Maybe it's just perception, but

Stating facts, no matter how unflattering, is not personal insult.

Is there any dispute that Frank always tries to portray himself as a Triad? Is that not "wannabe" behavior?

He probably has about a high school level of education. There are reasons why high school level people do not publish history articles and books.

Should I also point out that a complete lack of language skills is a serious issue when attempting to document Chinese history

I have FORMAL academic training, I have been published in actual historical journals. Perhaps it is just my perspective, but him trying to teach us all history is pretty comical

Also, his continuing insistence he "knows" I am multiple posters is also deserving of ridicule. That should be self evident.

But to Frank's credit, he isnt' the craziest person on here, not by far

Regardless of context, justified or not, a pejorative based on biographical information is the very definition of personal insult. No one is above it.

Now I for one think it is possible and perhaps even admirable to be personally insulting while at the same time maintaining a degree of civility and decorum. Adds flavor to an otherwise bland discussion. The problem is when people resort to ad hominems right out of the gate because they lack the ability to argue something on it's merits.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post

Regardless of context, justified or not, a pejorative based on biographical information is the very definition of personal insult. No one is above it.
    If I claimed I was going to fly a plane and you pointed out I had no training to fly a plane and thus it wasn't going to happen, is that a pejorative statement?

If pointing out something is insult, then we don't have much room for discussion

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    nope, I have no problem with an intelligent discussion, and live situation demo. That's fine.
    What I do have a problem with, is his childish, "is too-is not.." endless repetition, his lack of ability to stay on topic, and the fact that he, himself has no facts, no experience and just basically talks out of his azz, but everyone else has to provide for him,what only he deems acceptable proof. Bullsh1t.
    I must however commend you on picking up the gauntlet and defending him to every other poster on the forum. Bravo.
    I'm not defending him - he's more than capable of doing that himself. I'm working from general principles - if someone says 'show me the evidence' and you say 'no because you smell' then that's a general fallacy that I think, for the moment, is worth challenging, so I do. You might dress up 'you smell' with 'he talks out of his azz' but it's the same thing.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    are you really talking about me dude? for real? because i refuse to get into a deep meaningless debate with a guy who can't see he's not as much as he makes himself out to be so he insults others to elevate his own worthlessness? I've never gotten into a deep conversation here or shared my personal thoughts, beliefs, methods, etc for a specific reason. EVERYONE HERE IS NUTS....thats why.

You said "when they don't have the brains to make their point" are you not directly inferring that i'm stupid? If SO, BAN ME then. Because david ross is a fukkin IDIOT
    Not sure why you thought this was about you Frank.
    It was aimed AT ALL posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    What about implied insults coupled with back handed compliments

MMA for the win!
    Indeed.
    There are so many better and cooler ways to call someone a ****, right?
    We don't really need to call people stupid, retards, delusional ****twats or anything like that.

We all know Dave Ross is an ASS, he KNOWS it, LOL !
    That isn't the point.
    You disagree with Dave ( as an example), then show where he is wrong.
    Disagree with Faixa, show where he is wrong.

Calling faixa a leperchaun blowing gimp, is pointless and doesn't counter his argument one bit.

LMFAO.... you can't make this stuff up

Blog Entries
    Not sure why you thought this was about you Frank.
    It was aimed AT ALL posters.
    Because i recently called him a fukkin idiot. then i went and read some other posts and realized it may not have been directly at me alone. my bad.

Its hella funny how my being a ranked official of the Hung Mun bothers David Ross so much that he paints a picture of me pretending to be a Triad Gangster.....his delusions of being a fighter are even funnier than him accusing me of being a gangster. LMAO
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 06-21-2011 at 10:10 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

I'll wait for you guys to figure out your response

In the meantime, I got stuff to do

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Because i recently called him a fukkin idiot. then i went and read some other posts and realized it may not have been directly at me alone. my bad.
    Its cool Bro.
    I just want people to understand that, so many times you guys have valid points and even if it doesn't get through the heads of those you are debating with ( lets be honest, some people are just dense), it does make its point with others.
    Getting frustrated because someone keeps going back to the same drivel and calling them Ethiopian Penial Sock puppets, doesn't do much but show THEM they got under your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    A regrettable misuse that I was not quick enough in rectifying.

Also, shut up jerk.
    Surely you can do better than, "shut up jerk."
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Surely you can do better than, "shut up jerk."
    I think "shut up jerk" is still usable and to the point without a lot of muddle or complexity.

try it!

Kung Fu is good for you.