Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Zhang Zhuang

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i think its because a lot of white people never felt so much pain in their lives. not annoyance or discomfort. real tangible pain.

the sensation is not as painful as when i broke my leg, but came really close.
    You're an idiot for saying this.

You have no idea what people endure and race has little or rather nothing to do with individual experience of physical pain.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    dude, that is NOT static!
    I didn't say the shuai jiao conditioning example was static just that it uses horse stance. Although the xiao bangzi and da bangzi exercises are technically static horse stance.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    there are differnt types of standing stake Jahm Johng.
    You can simply stand
    you can embrace tree and do micro and macrocosmic orbit
    you can embrace tree and do guided visualizations to open up chakras
    you can do san ti shi, or other posture to develop structural alignment, and solidify it so you can maintain proper structure when fighting. In SPM, we stand in stance with beggar's hands in front of incense. These are just to ingrain the structures.
    there are countless more.
    Not just for strength. Bawang is correct-if I want leg strangth, I do squats. If I want to connect my strength, I do jahm johng.
    you are 100% right ten tigers. finally someone speaks sense, and not just want to promote their own school on the internet. you are indeed a man of honor. not as much as mighty david ross, but close.

friendship knuckle touch

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    I resemble that remark.

Haha, I know, I can't fight for shit.

Yeah, static strength is totally useless and ineffective.

...and that's martial how?
    that will help you to become a better kung fu person how?

admit it, you're lazy and you're scrared to fight and that's why you stick with the cryptic BS and hide behind your chinese superiority complex around kung fu.

I can't believe you post gymnastic shots to support an argument on the validity of the training in a martial environment.

Maybe that's because you CAN'T show an actual martial value to it. lol

No wait, that's exactly why.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

george saint pierre trains it.

AHA I GOT YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLbDR...feature=relmfu

I WIN

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    george saint pierre trains it.

AHA I GOT YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLbDR...feature=relmfu

I WIN
    again, idiocy. He uses rings. Do you know what he's doing? He's doing a crossfit exercise called "muscle ups" and that has little if anything to do with a maltese cross or the use of the rings in an olympic competition setting.

Muscle ups are just good hard work and when you use rings, because of the instability of them, it forces you to be very strong in your core.

I would reiterate, this has NOTHING to do with standing in a horse stance with weight on you. NOTHING.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

thats what the posts are for. they are only 1/3 to 2/3 the size of your foot. you stand on them for stability. trust me its hard as fuk, man. in fact, why not try for yourself.

i tried what john wang showed me, im willing to see his point of view. he justed wanted to promote himself.

dirtyrat asked me and he actually went and did it, he couldnt last 5 min, and that was with a 20 pound vest.
    Last edited by bawang; 07-11-2011 at 01:47 PM.

admit it, you're lazy and you're scrared to fight and that's why you stick with the cryptic BS and hide behind your chinese superiority complex around kung fu.

I can't believe you post gymnastic shots to support an argument on the validity of the training in a martial environment.

Maybe that's because you CAN'T show an actual martial value to it. lol

No wait, that's exactly why.
    Strength is strength. Horse stance is a form of static strength training. L sit, L sit cross and Maltese are static strength elements.

Muscle ups are from gymnastics not Crossfit. Crossfit just uses a sloppy version of them.

Before you crack open another Molson Ice try this exercise, (as long as your beer gut doesn't rest on the floor). Hold for time. I bet you don't last 15s.

It's a static strength exercise, like horse stance, or l sits, planche, front lever, chao tian deng etc.

How is strength not martial?

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Although I do dig on ZZ, I do not consider it to be directly applicable to combat/fighting.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtUKTd2WKsc

hun yuan zhuang

usually means that posture may turn into many other postures of a said style.

in xing yi

it is san ti shi

etc etc.

for judo or shuai jiao

it will be bending your knees, arching your back and both hands forward with bent elbows

it is the basic posture for defending or starting

---

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Strength is strength. Horse stance is a form of static strength training. L sit, L sit cross and Maltese are static strength elements.

Muscle ups are from gymnastics not Crossfit. Crossfit just uses a sloppy version of them.

Before you crack open another Molson Ice try this exercise, (as long as your beer gut doesn't rest on the floor). Hold for time. I bet you don't last 15s.

It's a static strength exercise, like horse stance, or l sits, planche, front lever, chao tian deng etc.

How is strength not martial?

a plank really? lol. Crossfit is sloppy? lol again... Molson Ice? Are you kidding?

so

You are a weakling if you cannot hold a plank for more than 2 minutes. Your core sucks period. You should have few issues with holding a plank if you have good core.
    Are you so insecure in your own physical worth that you diminish an outfit like crossfit which basically has as their warmup, your entire workout? sloppy? GTFO newb, I bet a dollar you couldn't cut it in a 1 hour crossfit hump.

I'm not talking that strength is not martial, it is and there are far ore effective ways to develop it than what bawang for instance is advocating which is a huge waste of time and the results he is looking for can be achieved more efficiently and more effectively by simply doing structured relative functional weight training and cardio vascular training.

for what it's worth, if you want to make your plank even harder and better for your core, lift up onto your hands, now lift one hand and one leg on opposing sides and hold that.

I bet you don't last 3 seconds at first. Go slowly and work your way up.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Okay, now look here Devis Jamersin, what is the meaning of all these shinannigans?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Okay, now look here Devis Jamersin, what is the meaning of all these shinannigans?
    When people can argue a point properly and with understanding, my shenanigans will stop.

For instance:

1. do this
    2. it needs this much time
    3. result

or

1. Do Flys with progressively heavier weights
    2. do it to failure for one year every second day
    3. Pecs!

See what I mean?

It's not very convincing to say: "put weight and stand there and you will be good at kung fu"

really, what does that do for one's kung fu, how does it do it and how can one measure the results in context to using ones kung fu?

Is your kung fu that you work in shipping dock and load trucks? because that exercise would be serviceable to your daily function.

I've spent a lot of time whittling away at the superfluous and not so result bringing aspects of what I was taught. I've whittled away A LOT. It's still kung fu. But everything has a what/how/why now.

You can expect results in this way I find, and not muse about the possibility of them.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I find your lack of rise at my name jab to be rather disturbing.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.