Thread: Question for wah lum people part II

Threaded View

flem

the 2 person sets are for single opponent, the direction change is your opponent getting around you(angles, etc). YOu don't punch this guy and then joe attacks from the other side, he counters and moved. do you have angles in your forms?
    do really think the sidewave punch at the end of sixteen hands is a knockout blow? He blocks and comes back at you what's your move?
    Wah lum 2 person set, are you fighting multiple people? NO, does your opponent change direction? YES, did you change direction? YES

You don't like 2 person forms
    YOu won't learn how to execute your techniques well and learn them well. Of course you have to get it in your muscle memory, how else do you think you will do it without thinking about the moves. REACTION. That is were your 2 person forms, drills and counters come into play. If you drill the heck out of them it becomes reaction.
    Learn the form, the 2 person, drills & applications, counters and then mix and match which becomes free sparring. Like i said
    before, it is a 5 step process to learning you kung fu so it becomes a reaction without thinking.

SA MANTIS-
    Nick Scrima is having his tournament this year, it is only go to be for one day, April 6th i think. I'm sure they will still have a master's demo also

Hua lin- is the test in march going to be in tampa?
    Last edited by 18elders; 01-18-2002 at 01:13 PM.