Thread: Shaolin diet, vegetarianism and stuff

Threaded View

Gene and those who is serious in this issue.

Be very careful.

The vegitarian food the ancient martial art scrip talks about is closer to the food offer in Fresh Choice or Sweat tomato. It is fresh, nature, and unrefine with very little process food.

The modern Chinese vegitarian food in the restorant are practically toxic with oil, salt, sugar, and other chemical. fill with lots of process carb. That is not the vegitarian food mention at all. in fact, that is worse then ordinary food.

So, if one want to really feel the effect of the vegitarian to improve the kung fu and qigong. one needs to diet in the fresh unrefine food. No soft drink too.

a 21 days or more in this type of diet and have a living similar to living in a small village with no tv and entertainment will show the result of the power of this diet. Obviously, most people dont do this. but to got advance, one has to go this seclusion path. sometimes when one is sick and need to use the Qigong to rebuilt the body or need to get to an advance level, so the sifu get one into this type of living.

the effect of this type of dieting will effect the body and mind. the mind is much easier to automatically settle itself, the body is light and empty, the qi is flowing very comfortably. it is in this platform that the body could be rebuild or further strengthen. or the Qi storage capacity is increased via the training.

Not everyone like to do the above, not everyone could affort to do the above, and it is not everyone's path.

For me,
    However, if we want to talk real shao lin such as in Wugulun, one got to go this path. Sure, we might not be able to do it. however, we must not destroy this dharma due to our own like or dislike.

It is like the story of the Bhiku Lucky Star who thinking he has attained the second Arahat level where he just attain the second Dyna state. So he slanded the Buddha saying the Buddha is BS. That is not right because it destroy the path of training from one's own ignorance.

Vegitarian is just a chemical reaction to transform the body, mind, and Qi in the modern term. there is no mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I confess, I tend to judge Shaolin wuseng on their abstinence now. There are members of the Shaolin fold that espouse Shaolin philosophy yet do not adhere to the monastic requirements. This is one reason why I train with someone who has formally disrobed.

Vegetarianism is challenging for sure. I never imagined I would go veg, but I've been so for several years now. I still eat fish occasionally (technically a pescatarian, not to be confused with pastafarian). And I'm not religiously strict. I mistakenly ate some meat at our TCKFMCIII Welcoming Banquet, which was more funny to me than upsetting.

I don't think vegetarianism has improved my kung fu or qigong directly. Peripherally, the practice has narrowed my attention and allowed me to focus better. I used to get overwhelmed by the consumer choices that America presents. Standing in the supermarket trying to decide which product to buy or stressing over what would be tastiest to select off a menu wasted a lot of my time for naught. Now, there are whole sections of the supermarket and menu that I don't even have to engage. It saves me a lot of time and energy, which I can dedicate to other things. I suppose if all I did was kung fu and qigong, I'd have more direct benefits.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-19-2011 at 11:24 AM.