Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Happy Canada Day!

Quote Originally Posted by 18elders View Post
    what are you smoking- we gave the world justin fukin bieber
    When you first learned of the Canuckness of the Bieb, you were expressly told to not reveal that.

and now you have.

ninjas, pirates AND vikings have been dispatched!!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Silly baby anarchist doesn't believe in collective identity.

Silly baby anarchist doesn't understand the way humans function.

Humans are not Randian INDIVIDUALS beholden to nobody, connected to nobody alone against an uncaring world. Ultimately humans are social animals and form into clusters.

Collective identity comes out of those clusters.

As a Canadian I feel a sense of shared history with my fellow Canadians that comes out of that collective identity as well as causing the collective identity to arise through the actual shared nature of our history - both the good points and the bad.

Also when Canadians joke about "giving the world Rush or Shatner" or having made apologies for Bieber, Dion or Nickelback, it's a joke you idiot!

But, of course, silly baby anarchist lives alone in a shack deep in the woods and uses a bicycle he built himself to power his internet connection (on a computer he built himself from sand, copper, and rare earth metals) so that he depends on nobody. As such he long since forgot what humour was.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

people tend to think

canada is just another state of US with a different flag

or part of US both economically and international politically

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    people tend to think

canada is just another state of US with a different flag

or part of US both economically and international politically

That just demonstrates American ignorance of history. Our national stories are VERY different after the whole "started as European colonies who killed off the locals with disease, war and religion" thing.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Silly baby anarchist doesn't believe in collective identity.

Silly baby anarchist doesn't understand the way humans function.

Humans are not Randian INDIVIDUALS beholden to nobody, connected to nobody alone against an uncaring world. Ultimately humans are social animals and form into clusters.

Collective identity comes out of those clusters.

As a Canadian I feel a sense of shared history with my fellow Canadians that comes out of that collective identity as well as causing the collective identity to arise through the actual shared nature of our history - both the good points and the bad.

Also when Canadians joke about "giving the world Rush or Shatner" or having made apologies for Bieber, Dion or Nickelback, it's a joke you idiot!

But, of course, silly baby anarchist lives alone in a shack deep in the woods and uses a bicycle he built himself to power his internet connection (on a computer he built himself from sand, copper, and rare earth metals) so that he depends on nobody. As such he long since forgot what humour was.
    Holy crap Simon... I'm laughing reading this. No offense Wolfen, but your views are deluded and weird and not in keeping with reality. Still, keep stretching your head when you can I guess. At least you're thinking...somewhat.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Holy crap Simon... I'm laughing reading this. No offense Wolfen, but your views are deluded and weird and not in keeping with reality. Still, keep stretching your head when you can I guess. At least you're thinking...somewhat.
    If I made you laugh mission accomplished!
    Simon McNeil

in response to wolfen:

-state of mind or conscience

1. you, most likely influenced by your family, schooling, upbringing, education, religious practice and such

and not so much by media or comedian, or who ever said that what you are.

-group mind or conscience

1 you are influenced by group activity, school, community, friends and such

again so not so much by politicians, comedians, movie/music depiction of what you are.

-medias

now with internet, and youtube, you may set your tones for your self

not by somebody said what you should be eating, drinking, behaving etc etc

you are what you are

not by someone else said what you are or what you should be like

--

I like the weather, landscape and wild lives of canada

I may know a bit about people living in vancouver

that is what I know about cananda.

I am not influenced by music or movies saying what canada is or is not.

know the land, know the people yourself

not by reading, viewing, or listening to media

---

The greatest nation on the planet that is also the second largest exporter in the world of killer dust asbestos is 138 today.

Wish it a happy Birthday! Eat some cake. Check out a concert and some fireworks.

Enjoy my fellow canadians.

Dear america: Wish you were here.

woot woot!
    Fixed for you

FYI: http://www.twnside.org.sg/title/deadly-cn.htm

(waits for some one to post about Russia day...)
    Tung Kong Hakka Chow Gar Naam Pai Tong Long

http://www.youtube.com/user/dmas5animals

you're all kidding tho, right.... right???

pride is weakness... forget all that...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    me too. i love that show i saw every episode!
    just make sure you dont confuse the fact that those folks in the maritimes are very unique to canada... the diff between a cat from TO and a cat from halifax is huge... far bigger gap than comparing someone from vancouver and someone from TO... the maritimes have a very rich and unique culture...

personally, i never liked that show... the humor just isnt that clever, i found it predictable and boring... that being said, i always have to hear about it from people around me... it was pretty huge awhile ago, not so much anymore... its slowly dying an undignified death...

i know this cat from Halifax who goes by the name Cee... he's a very bad rapper who somehow gets tons of props... personally, i have to ask him to repeat most of what he says three or four times just to get enough words to figure out what this broken english motherfukcer is trying to say... its brutal... its like a very uneducated irishman with broken english was left alone for 20 years to develop his own language... reminds me of how some gypsies sound in the UK... like brad pitt on snatch, but harder to understand...

how does that song go? "I's the buy that bilt the boot"

do you sound like that bawang? prolly not aye... how far back does ur fam go in that area? one generation? or are yall immi's this generation?

ive always wanted to check it out... lots of history out that way... i like places that are old... in that respect vancouver is pretty weak... we have underground chinese railroads and sh1t for opium and labor smuggling but they are mostly sealed off and protected now... landmarks nobody is really allowed to visit, aside from a few small tourist stops...

i could spend years in europe just checking out the sites... i wanna go see the formworks left over at Alesia... i put alot of time into studying rome and i know that battle very well... it would be awesome to actually stand there and get a better visualisation of what happened... also i have a plan to start at the straights of gibraltor(sp?) and end there, circling the whole mediteranian... could be a bit dicey once you get passed turkey tho, huh... maybe not the best time for such a trip...
    Last edited by Syn7; 07-18-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charp choi View Post
    Fixed for you

FYI: http://www.twnside.org.sg/title/deadly-cn.htm

(waits for some one to post about Russia day...)
    lol....you're ok with buying it from the Russians though right? Because they are the largest exporter and the US is still buying and using it.

but, if nothing else, feel free to white paper educate yourself about it over at wiki.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    America is there, Canamerica is basically one product - one group of masses ruled by a elite class of economic fascists (.01 percent or less) or group of classes...whatever.

You are a prime example of someone with an induced social identity disease. Your counterparts are created in China in much the same way to be the rabid guard dogs of totalitarian evil.

Very few escape this disease, and mostly by chance not by intelligence or design - unfortunately it doesn't work that way. The disease is damaging to all but for some much more damaging - just as some have addictive personality types.

A disease of delusions and illusions. A disease in misunderstanding what one's own self is. How it works , is induced and it bindings are an interesting process to study.

The evil in North America is not to much different -much of the horror openly visible open but not throughly documented and openly ignored by the somatose nation. Somatose til their turn comes. In effect you are part of the design of a psychosocial version of a Temple Grandlin peaceful slaughterhouse for people.

Soylent Nationalism is people. OMG!

Ah... North America ...the stink of corruption from the top down , a state of accelerating economic fascism with a recent shift in wealth aggregate of 1 percent to the superclass known as an economic crisis to the mases and an economic triumph to the superclass .. the horror is so grinding and all pervasive one would think perhaps the order of things is reversed? One lives in Hell first then dies and maybe goes to the real Earth?

Everyday you take the blue pill. By adhering and fixing your identity to single dimensional images of what Canada and Canadians are you prevent yourself from knowing what those things actually are.

A very deep and involved subject but not yourself - you are the superficial end product without the faintest understanding of the process of your own social identity creation. Have you give much thought to your birging and corfing?

Your life is a waste as is the lives of so many others. There is so much work to do even after and if you should ever wake up - you can never make it now.

When you are old you will be in some care place lined up with others in wheelchairs waiting for your meds and you will all be forced to listen to the MSM news on TV. Is this the Clockwork Orange forced psycho torture vision of your future or your actual present?

The corporate owned media of North America is an assault,not an information service a 24/7 assault, lies deceits obfuscation and distractions all drowning out the real voices and screams and horrors of the nation. In effect as an assault it is not a window to information but a wall to prevent information from leaking out.

One day there could be something for someone in CanAmerica to celebrate, not with an identification disease but with an achievement. Few achievements have been made in these societies for decades, if at all. The murder slavery,serfdom, dis-empowerment, repression and oppression is getting worse. Democracy , capitalism and media are tools that only work for the rich. There is a dark age now and it is getting darker.
    But regardless of that your disease is your belief that external illusions are who you are. The Rockies belong to themselves, they are not 'yours' to 'celebrate'. And like the Government and everything else,they will do what they will do , with you or without you.

If you activated your social identity in some way, then it might be differ nt. The belief that you are a series of illusions fed to you by a propaganda service applied upon you since birth is not actualization, it is an induced disease.

you make waaaay to many assumptions...

lol....you're ok with buying it from the Russians though right? Because they are the largest exporter and the US is still buying and using it.

but, if nothing else, feel free to white paper educate yourself about it over at wiki.
    No. I'm not happy buying it from anyone. I'm from the UK and we had a bit of a victory here recently when Crysotile (white asbestos) was still classified as a Class 1 Carcinogen. (Even though big business wanted it changing to harmless ignoring the fact that is causes lung cancers) That said we seem to do really well here supporting fascist regimes, state sponsored terrorism, displacing British citizens [see the Chagos Islanders] and flogging military hardware to just about anyone.
    There's an awful lot wrong with the UK at the moment. I'm quite ashamed at a lot of the misery and destruction we have caused around the globe.
    By the way if I want accurate information the last place I go is wikipedia.
    Tung Kong Hakka Chow Gar Naam Pai Tong Long

http://www.youtube.com/user/dmas5animals

Quote Originally Posted by charp choi View Post
    No. I'm not happy buying it from anyone. I'm from the UK and we had a bit of a victory here recently when Crysotile (white asbestos) was still classified as a Class 1 Carcinogen. (Even though big business wanted it changing to harmless ignoring the fact that is causes lung cancers) That said we seem to do really well here supporting fascist regimes, state sponsored terrorism, displacing British citizens [see the Chagos Islanders] and flogging military hardware to just about anyone.
    There's an awful lot wrong with the UK at the moment. I'm quite ashamed at a lot of the misery and destruction we have caused around the globe.
    By the way if I want accurate information the last place I go is wikipedia.
    wikipedia is basically the same as e.Britannica.
    I agree, when we enter teh realm of highly subjective fields, then yes, not reliable, but for basic history facts and elemental attributes? you can indeed trust teh info.

info about the history of bak mei? not so much.

Don't know why you are so down on your country, it's done great things for the world as well. No one is superman land after all. You aren't living in dirt huts killing each other either are you?

There is a lot that is wrong in the world. I think it more likely that countries like are found in the UK and the EU as well as North America are going to be the ones to make the largest strides forward on behalf of everyone.

we have a lot going for us, no point on degrading the good stuff from within.
    Kung Fu is good for you.