Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

You never know, there may be a best, original, version....how would you know unless it came to you personally ? Do you travel, try out other lineages, or stay within the confines of your , local gym, state, country, etc... If you dont meet new people, or break out of the, my way or the highway, or loyal to sifu way.
    Keep an open mind, you never know what new idea someone may put in it .

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    You never know, there may be a best, original, version....how would you know unless it came to you personally ? Do you travel, try out other lineages, or stay within the confines of your , local gym, state, country, etc... If you dont meet new people, or break out of the, my way or the highway, or loyal to sifu way.
    Is that you being open minded Kevin!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by glennr View Post
    is that you being open minded kevin!?!?
    on any clip ,i can explain to you ,what the difference with something original
    choose something ,you think very good
    a tao
    a shi sao ...

Regards

and with more objectivity ,you should read again what i posted ,and what i argued ,they are relevant points, regarding a self evaluation of your wing chun

regards

Keep an open mind, you never know what new idea someone may put in it .[/QUOTE]

IN THIS THREAD ,I SPOKE ABOUT STRENGTH
    LEVERAGE
    WOODEN DUMMY
    SHI SAO
    KICKS
    WEAPONS
    ROOTS OF WING CHUN
    ETC...
    NO CONCRETE FEED BACK ON THAT

IM NOT TRYING TO DISTURB ANY BUSINESS IF THERE IS FEW TEACHER OR WING CHUN READING THIS THREAD ,AND WHO ARE JUST NOT STOPPING WRITING THAT WHAT I WRITE IS NOT TRUE
    BUT WITHOUT ANSWERING ANYTHING INNOVATIVE

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post

IN THIS THREAD ,I SPOKE ABOUT STRENGTH
    LEVERAGE
    WOODEN DUMMY
    SHI SAO
    KICKS
    WEAPONS
    ROOTS OF WING CHUN
    ETC...
    NO CONCRETE FEED BACK ON THAT

IM NOT TRYING TO DISTURB ANY BUSINESS IF THERE IS FEW TEACHER OR WING CHUN READING THIS THREAD ,AND WHO ARE JUST NOT STOPPING WRITING THAT WHAT I WRITE IS NOT TRUE
    BUT WITHOUT ANSWERING ANYTHING INNOVATIVE[/QUOTE]

What do you want? Applause?

Honestly, not only is what you write nonsense for the most part (real style etc) its just boring

If you want innovative replies, start by being innovative yourself

Your reaction is just pathetic

Your reaction is just pathetic

There goes that innovation again

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Is that you being open minded Kevin!?!?
    Ive left the frog well a long time ago...a cricket fell in and I listened....
    I have visited other wells.....
    Last edited by k gledhill; 07-20-2011 at 04:40 AM.

SO PLEASE ASK A PRECISE QUESTION BECAUSE IM NOT SURE TU UNDERSTAND I

KI PING PUN DOESNT WANT THAT I POST A VIDEO ,HE THINKS THAT PEOPLE WILL SEE ONLY MOVEMENTS (LIKE THEY SEEM LOOKING AT THE VIDEOS FROM NG CHAN AND IP MAN) AND NOT THE FLOW OF STRENGTH ,THE STANCE... THE KNOW HOW ...

REGARDS
    It's cool if your teacher doesn't want to upload a video, but I'm asking YOU to. Even if it's just a simple version of SLT, it would be good to see where our similarities are imho.

And I can't ask a more simple question; what is your curriculum?

But maybe it is better to ask: Do you practise the 3 forms? 108 Wooden Man? Knife and pole forms? Or is your curriculum more like the mainland/Kulo Sansau methods?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    It's cool if your teacher doesn't want to upload a video, but I'm asking YOU to. Even if it's just a simple version of SLT, it would be good to see where our similarities are imho.

But maybe it is better to ask: Do you practise the 3 forms? 108 Wooden Man? Knife and pole forms? Or is your curriculum more like the mainland/Kulo Sansau methods?
    Whats the strategy, tactics,how do you implement lin sil di da?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post

I have all the hand system with efficiency like ip man or Leung chan
    There is 116 movements for the wooden dummy
    After the 40th movements there is kicks for each movement that ip man put aside
    Plus several Taos of kicks ( ng chan was very good in it, and that's the reason he was named ghost kick)
    Move on mei fa chuen
    Way to hit vital points
    Like my sifu already wrote away ,I know the way to develop and use the strength of original that only half dozen people know and who are from hong kong or china.I m certainly the only one like occidental
    This one is the big secret of original wing chun

Concerning the weapons ,to reach the efficiency I was speaking about,I have still to work on it.
    Knives are quiet difficult to use with the right strength
    Regards

Lone Tiger- no mystery Ng Chan's forms for the most part are in the videos earlier on this thread in the links provided by kung fu fighter.

Moshe- some people do indeed know about Ip man's dummy kicks. Of course everything takes good practice. Ng Chan was obviously good. The problem that I have with your posts is your apparent and repeated claims that he only got the goods. There were several others.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Lone Tiger- no mystery Ng Chan's forms for the most part are in the videos earlier on this thread in the links provided by kung fu fighter.

Moshe- some people do indeed know about Ip man's dummy kicks. Of course everything takes good practice. Ng Chan was obviously good. The problem that I have with your posts is your apparent and repeated claims that he only got the goods. There were several others.

joy chaudhuri
    Its the thinking behind the forms, your assuming the same shapes make the same ideas, um, no.
    Btw thats not kwan sao in the opening, try tut sao/ senk sao,
    Done equally to define the line.....and how to recycle. We do this
    later in SLT too before punches at the end of the form.
    Do you know why he pushes the xed arms, to check what?
    Last edited by k gledhill; 07-20-2011 at 08:47 AM.

I have all the hand system with efficiency like ip man or Leung chan
    There is 116 movements for the wooden dummy
    After the 40th movements there is kicks for each movement that ip man put aside
    Plus several Taos of kicks ( ng chan was very good in it, and that's the reason he was named ghost kick)
    Move on mei fa chuen
    Way to hit vital points
    Like my sifu already wrote away ,I know the way to develop and use the strength of original that only half dozen people know and who are from hong kong or china.I m certainly the only one like occidental
    This one is the big secret of original wing chun
    Okay. That sounds like a 'normal' Ip Man framework/curriculum. But I thought you were kind of saying that this was 'special' knowledge or something?

The hidden 'legwork/kicks' is something I am very familiar with too, as is the mei fa chuen (Moi Faa Kuen?) I also 'believe' my Sigungs training was different to most of Ip Mans commercial HK students. He was one of the private students too Part of my foundation training was on the plum blossom posts, and my Sifu still teaches the plum blossom wooden man method to beginners!

Concerning the weapons ,to reach the efficiency I was speaking about,I have still to work on it.
    Knives are quiet difficult to use with the right strength
    Regards
    Haven't we ALL got a way to go with the weapons!??

But from what you say here, you have the 'key' to developing 'original' Wing Chun power but are having difficulty with the knifes power/strength generation?

FME it is mostly all one and the same.

Thanks for the reply too, but I would also advise that you listen to people like Joy when he says that there were more people than you may think who learnt this 'original' stuff from Ip Man
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Thanks Joy I will have another look. I can't remember seeing any... but I am very tired!

.... actually, I'm trying to sift through thethread right now and can see plenty of information that I totally forgot about!! Man, I gotta stop posting at work coz I'm forgetting everything these days
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 07-20-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術