Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Using "qi" to break vs. physics (video)

For general information:

When you slap your thigh, or your girl-friend's butt, it pushes all the capillary blood out of the surface of your skin, making it turn white. The blood returns in an uneven manner that leaves the area looking patchy white and pink. It is the blood in the skin that makes us white people have a slightly pink color.

The easiest and least painful way to demonstrate this for yourself is to merely push in the pad at the end of your finger and you will see around the edges turns white. Lift the pushing finger and you will see the blood rush back to the finger pad. It happens quickly so be sure to stay sharp!

Dead people look white and pale because as soon as they die the blood follows gravity and flows to the lowest point. If they are sitting in a chair their legs will swell and turn bluish-purple like an ugly bruise. If they are laying in bed it will happen to their backside.

Like many of us have said for years here, chi is merely an explanation for phenomena that could not be explained because of the lack of proper scientific knowledge. Apparently the Shaolin monks do not learn any modern anatomy and physiology, so at least on this topic they appear a bit ignorant and/or naive.
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 08-04-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: spelling error!

The macrocosmic orbit is totally necessary to understand the six directional force, which no one on this thread understands but me.

It's the only way to break out of a small closet or perhaps a changing room at Banana Republic.

Baby Gap in IronFist's case.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    For general information:

When you lap your thigh, or your girl-friend's butt, it pushes all the capillary blood out of the surface of your skin, making it turn white. The blood returns in an uneven manner that leaves the area looking patchy white and pink. It is the blood in the skin that makes us white people have a slightly pink color.

The easiest and least painful way to demonstrate this for yourself is to merely push in the pad and the end of your finger and you will see around the edges turns white. Lift the pushing finger and you will see the blood rush back to the finger pad. It happens quickly so be sure to stay sharp!

Dead people look white and pale because as soon as they die the blood follows gravity and flows to the lowest point. If they are sitting in a chair their legs will swell and turn bluish-purple like an ugly bruise. If they are laying in bed it will happen to their backside.

Like many of us have said for years here, chi is merely an explanation for phenomena that could not be explained because of the lack of proper scientific knowledge. Apparently the Shaolin monks do not learn any modern anatomy and physiology, so at least on this topic they appear a bit ignorant and/or naive.
    I agree, but your post only covers through to level two.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    I agree, but your post only covers through to level two.
    Of course you are correct. One must stand on their head while slapping their girl-friend's butt during sex in order to even come close to level three and that is only if you do it the third Tuesday in October during the full moon in the northern hemisphere, during the year of the tiger!

Soooo....good luck with all that! I prefer to take a nap!

In all fairness, the shaolin show is just that, a show. Having been there and seen the show here as well some years back, I'm not sure who is putting on a better martial arts related show anywhere, regardless of what purists want to think.

All the good breaks, the ones that require the most skill, are also the least interesting from a distance, because you don't have little pieces of brick flying everywhere when it is supported, etc. That would make for a nice display of skill that really doesn't show well when talking about viewing it in an auditorium.

Since pretty much all the monks have previous kung fu experience, it's likely some may know such breaks, but in designing the kind of show we're talking about, I really can't fault them for using more visually dynamic ones, even if they aren't as interesting for the small percentage of viewers they may get with experience. It's show biz, not a class.

As to the monks displaying primitive beliefs, they're monks, the very concept is primitive to a modern. I'd also suggest that humans, even well educated modern ones, are loaded with primitive beliefs that they cannot explain. I don't see it as a productive use of time for one primitive human trying to convince another to not be primitive, I'm not even sure that such beliefs are so easy to quantify as negative, and modern ones as positive.

As an aside, I've seen a chi kung used for throwing needles. It resembles detailed notes on throwing, set in a paradigm of the motion, just as a batter practices their swing. Refine the process so that you are aware of each link in the chain enough that you can tell if you are losing energy at various points, etc.

For general information:

When you slap your thigh, or your girl-friend's butt, it pushes all the capillary blood out of the surface of your skin, making it turn white. The blood returns in an uneven manner that leaves the area looking patchy white and pink. It is the blood in the skin that makes us white people have a slightly pink color.
    you are saying you guys are bloodless vampires

i always suspectewd this

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    you are saying you guys are bloodless vampires

i always suspectewd this
    I'm not a vampire, I'm Norwegian.

For general information:

The easiest and least painful way to demonstrate this for yourself is to merely push in the pad at the end of your finger and you will see around the edges turns white. Lift the pushing finger and you will see the blood rush back to the finger pad. It happens quickly so be sure to stay sharp!

Yeah, what I said! Scott just said it way prettier.

Good post Scott!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    faxipreta

dont make sweeping assumptions you have no idea what richard has done in his many years in MA carer so thats not fair to say....

speaking from expereince as well as someone who has had a student fight and win in 2 UFC's and now has students fighting in raging wolf and cage matches. I can assure you that you are %100 incorrect.

It is a sport and a held in a controled environment. These competitors are not trying to cause temorary nor permanent damage to others but rather win the match by K.O TKO or submission. Sounds like your a calling the kettle black.
    Thanks Mike!

I still have him on ignore, so he can say whatever he likes. At least to those who don't yet have him on ignore.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

You are nothing but a cowardly mouthboxer.

We all know your type.

You are a closet warrior, who wants to try and make people feel bad about themselves.

I always open my doors for toolbags such as yourself to come and prove me wrong.

Still no one has ever come to get their ass handed to them by me.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 08-05-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Bring it back around please. Or I'll cherry pick and prune this thread up.
    Kung Fu is good for you.