Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Bussett

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    Please prove that.
    Your coming out will be like Rip Taylor's, not entirely surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    So it's morally superior to burn a building for insurance fraud than to burn someone else's building.
    I DID NOT SAY THAT!!!!!

But the INTENT is different. One you do to for financial gain, the other gains you nothing financially. And one you are burning YOUR OWN property, in the other you are burning someone else's property. Is this news to you? Am I giving you too much credit?

Your coming out will be like Rip Taylor's, not entirely surprising.
    Cool, I look forward to seeing what quotes you come up with.

Gotta go. See ya later man.

So Americans were morally superior in the Great Depression because insurance fraud inspired arson is always better than burning someone else's building.

Well, we finally agree. Stick it to the insurance man, Birther Blue!
    Last edited by Taixuquan99; 08-16-2011 at 03:11 PM.

So Americans were morally superior in the Great Depression because insurance fraud inspired arson is always better than burning someone else's building.
    No, that's not true. And no, I did not say that.

Burning someone else's property is wrong/immoral, burning property you own for insurance fraud is a form of theft, which is wrong/immoral. But those crimes are committed for different reasons. Get it now?

Taix:

Let me get this straight. In this thread about the American economy you say a question regarding the stimulus does not belong in this thread, yet you have brought the issue of where our current President was born into the thread.

So just answer the question:

How was the community organizer's 'stimulus' supposed to work? Or put another way, what was theory behind the 'stimulus' money getting the economy moving again?

No, that's not true. And no, I did not say that.

Burning someone else's property is wrong/immoral, burning property you own for insurance fraud is a form of theft, which is wrong/immoral. But those crimes are committed for different reasons. Get it now?
    Since we are discussing(by your prompting) the moral distinction between the London riot and riots during the Great Depression in the U.S., which you painted as more moral(this after saying they didn't exist). Now you claim to be drawing different distinctions that have nothing to do with the discussion.

You did argue exactly this, and now you're shifting.

Taix:

Let me get this straight. In this thread about the American economy
    In this thread about Buffett's comments...

you say a question regarding the stimulus does not belong in this thread,
    No, I said make your own thread. Would you quit making up things I'm saying WAAAAAAAAAH...

yet you have brought the issue of where our current President was born into the thread.
    No, I brought up that you were a birther, I will bring it up for years. I have not seen any real world reason to question where the president was born.

So just answer the question:

How was the community organizer's 'stimulus' supposed to work? Or put another way, what was theory behind the 'stimulus' money getting the economy moving again?
    Start a thread about it. Or find one that already exists. This thread is about Warren Buffett's comments. That's how threads work.

Since we are discussing(by your prompting) the moral distinction between the London riot and riots during the Great Depression in the U.S., which you painted as more moral(this after saying they didn't exist). Now you claim to be drawing different distinctions that have nothing to do with the discussion.
    No, I did not.

You did argue exactly this, and now you're shifting.
    No, I did not argue that. You just said I did. But that's par for the course with you.

I'll try again: Theft is theft, and it is wrong. But someone stealing designer shoes and someone who is stealing food to survive have different motivations for their stealing. Wrong is wrong, but the reasons/motivations for those doing those wrongs are different.

No, I did not.
    Actually, you did.

No, I did not argue that.
    Actually, you did.

I'll try again: Theft is theft, and it is wrong. But someone stealing designer shoes and someone who is stealing food to survive have different motivations for their stealing. Wrong is wrong, but the reasons/motivations for those doing those wrongs are different.
    And now you'll pretend all riots in the depression were food riots again. We already covered this.

In this thread about Buffett's comments...
    ...about the US economy.

No, I said make your own thread. Would you quit making up things I'm saying WAAAAAAAAAH...
    If you said to start a new thread, isn't that saying it doesn't belong here?

And if it doesn't, why won't you answer the question?

No, I brought up that you were a birther, I will bring it up for years.
    So will lie about someone you are debating/discussing topics with?

I asked for posts of mine showing I'm a "birther". You have not came up with any. Yet you will still call me something you can find no evidence that I am. That says alot about you.

Start a thread about it. Or find one that already exists. This thread is about Warren Buffett's comments. That's how threads work.
    Fair enough.

So why did you bring up where the community organizer was born in this thread?

Actually, you did.
    Prove it. Post where I've said that.

And now you'll pretend all riots in the depression were food riots again. We already covered this.
    Well you have presented no evidence they weren't. Am I just supposed to make up things you didn't say in your posts?

...about the US economy.
    Quick lesson.

You cannot discuss "the economy". You can discuss, "Warren Buffett's comments on the economy", or "Trickle-down theory" or what have you, manageable topics. The Economy is not.

This is a thread about Buffett's comments on the economy. Start another thread, or, better yet, show good netiquette and find one that's already out there and revive it.

If you said to start a new thread, isn't that saying it doesn't belong here?
    No, it means on a forum, if you want to discuss something with everyone, you don't go to a separate thread each person is on talking about something specific that doesn't directly relate, and expect every one of them to humor your childishness, you act like an adult and start a thread or find one that is directly about your topic.

So will lie about someone you are debating/discussing topics with?
    Not a lie, you were our first forum birther.

I asked for posts of mine showing I'm a "birther". You have not came up with any.
    I tried to make clear that a coming out party for you as a birther would be like Rip Taylor's coming out party for other things, not exactly necessary, but you apparently don't follow subtleties like Rip Taylor not really needing to come out. You were apparently the 1% shocked by Liberace's life story.

Yet you will still call me something you can find no evidence that I am. That says alot about you.
    At least I was never a birther.

So why did you bring up where the community organizer was born in this thread?
    I didn't, I brought up that you were a birther. Distinctions are tough for you, aren't they?

Well you have presented no evidence they weren't. Am I just supposed to make up things you didn't say in your posts?
    Anyone who knows anything about the Great Depression knows there were riots other than the food riots. In fact, most are less likely to realize there were food riots. Since you were the one who brought up the Great Depression, I assumed you weren't completely and utterly ignorant of the topic. Are you saying this was a mistake? Are we supposed to provide a secondary school primer for you because your high school history was apparently lacking in this?

Not a lie, you were our first forum birther.
    Then prove it.

I tried to make clear that a coming out party for you as a birther would be like Rip Taylor's coming out party for other things, not exactly necessary, but you apparently don't follow subtleties like Rip Taylor not really needing to come out. You were apparently the 1% shocked by Liberace's life story.
    Just because you say it's obvious and you don't have to prove it does not make it true. Show us my posts saying he was not born here.

Would you like it if I called you a child molester and when you asked me to back it up I said, "It's not exactly necessary. It's as obvious as Rip Taylor's coming out party. You must have been shocked to find out Liberace was queer." Would you like that?

Well I don't like being called names that do not apply to me. So prove it, or stop. If you prove your assertions, I wont say a word if you type it 1000 times a day.

At least I was never a birther.
    Nor was I.

But at least I'm not a liar.

I didn't, I brought up that you were a birther. Distinctions are tough for you, aren't they?
    No, but being called something I'm not doesn't make me happy. Would you like it if I started assigning labels/manes to you that don't fit?